• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trouble with a book...

12 posts in this topic

I just received a very nice Signature Series CGC 9.6 Amazing Spider-Man #292 but I am having a spot of trouble trying to register it. I had no trouble registering my other Signature Series ASM #295, so I know that SS books can be registered. The certification number is 007447007, but it is being a very naughty CGC book and it says that the registration number is not found. This book came from AlexH, so I know it is legit. Any suggestions? confused-smiley-013.gif Thanks in advance.

I will e-mail CGC. I had the same thing happen and they took care of it for me. On second thought I would just leave it out of the Registry if I were you insane.gif

Of course I think we are back to back in the Census for our ASM sets so I am going to try to give you bad advice 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I will e-mail CGC. I had the same thing happen and they took care of it for me. On second thought I would just leave it out of the Registry if I were you insane.gif

Of course I think we are back to back in the Census for our ASM sets so I am going to try to give you bad advice 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Thanks for the advice. Good luck on your set though. I am not too picky with my ASM books at the moment as I am just trying to complete the set. Taking my time as I have a very very looooooong way to go.

If you look at my set all of the lower #'d books are in lower grades so I agree with you that I need to put a set together prior to worrying about everything being 9.4. I believe all of my issues after #102 are 9.4 or better, but they are more affordable in that grade.

I have 7 issues of ASM at CGC right now and I just renewed my membership to the Collectors Society so I get the 3 free express gradings.

I am sending in:

ASM #10 Probably an 5.0

ASM #61 Probably an 8.5

ASM #90 Probably a 8.5

So again I am just working on a full run. Let the BSD's have the $$$$ 9.8's etc 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Good Luck on your set as well, I am sure we will continue to move forward together thumbsup2.gif

Just got this e-mail today!

"Hi, NotMHChuck

We have added your comic with certification number 0074477007 to the Comics Registry.

We have also attached this comic to your set, 'Trying for 100%'.

You can log in at collectors-society.com to view your comic.

Thanks for registering your collectables with the Collectors' Society Registry!"

Woohoo! Okay, so it's only worth 28 points, but I am more of a completionist than a point...ist...er...guy...person...whatever. My thanks go out to those who took their valuable time out to fix this rather insignificant problem for me! flowerred.gif

Your in trouble now chuck, I am on a roll....

lol...i'm gonna stay away from moderns for a while. I have slowed down on my ASM purchases and focused more on my Thors and Double Cover comic books. I tried to buy the CGC 9.6 Double Cover ASM 100 from Shawn Laffey the other day, but he wouldn't accept time payments. confused-smiley-013.gif Oh well, saved myself $1000. Good luck on your purchases :-P

Damn.......Must.....buy......more.....books 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Funny!

BTW, I just want to put it out there that I am steadily closing the gap on Captain Tripps in our race to boast the highest graded Avengers 1-150 registry set. I am now a mere 87,296 points behind and getting ready for a big push. So, my advice to the Captain,.....don't look back, someone might be gaining!

PS. Anyone know where I can locate a 11.0 copy of Avengers #1? Thanks!

confused-smiley-013.gif

All I can say is that we all have issues blush.gif

And that the way uh huh uh huh I like it!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Chuck,

I think you plan to stay away from Spidey's right now is a great one, don't let anyone tell you different thumbsup2.gif