• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not crazy about the new mystique

15 posts in this topic

I think the make-up looks similar to the other movies. I didn't really like her take in the X-men movies though. I guess I am not a real big fan of Mystique anyway.

Same here regarding her take in the movies. Naked ninja is just wrong....

Much more subtle and mysterious in the comics, or at least she was a of the early 1990s. Who knows now? Has she changed much in the comics since the 1990s? Anyone?

Why's that? Naked makes sense for a shapeshifter. If she's wearing clothes, where do they go when she shifts?

Why's that? Naked makes sense for a shapeshifter. If she's wearing clothes, where do they go when she shifts?

+ 1

And I think she did a great job in the role, though different from the comics.

Mystique.jpg

DISCLAIMER: CGC mods, I did a quick check before posting to ensure there were no exposed body parts that would offend. If I missed anything, it was due to fanboy excitement over supporting an actress I thought excelled at a role, and not for the "hubba-hubba" effect.

Signed,

A loyal fan. ;)

She's not really a "ninja" either, is she? I thought she just has ninja-like agility because of her ability to shift her body...when gravity is pulling in one direction, she can push back in the other direction using musculature that no normal human possesses. They demonstrated this extensively during the first X-Men film when she fought Wolverine and again in the second one when she fought Stryker's guards. I suppose it does look rather ninja-like, but I think it's not training, it's an added benefit of her ability to morph her body.