• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much will your collection be worth in 10 years?

How much will your collection be worth on 3/23/14?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. How much will your collection be worth on 3/23/14?

81 posts in this topic

It is called using sarcasm to make a point and to try and draw out into the open which believe their comics will be worth half or a quarter of their current value a decade from now.

I happen to be one of the "" who believes their collection will be worth half of it's current value in 10 years. Why do I believe that? Several reasons:

1) I am fan of the genre, not it's monetary potential

2) I buy what I like, which means I could careless what it might be worth to someone else

3) I am not a drooling fanboy who believes the bulk of comic collections will only rise in value

4) Even though I collect late silver, bronze, and moderns on an almost equal scale, I refuse to set any expectations for monetary value on anything I own.

I find it interesting that you project growth in comic values yet you do not know what GP Analysis is. GP Analysis is not by any means the end all be all of comic values but it is a very useful tool.

Oh, I almost forgot. My collection is not for sale so do not bore me with your offer.

It is called using sarcasm to make a point and to try and draw out into the open which believe their comics will be worth half or a quarter of their current value a decade from now.

I happen to be one of the "" who believes their collection will be worth half of it's current value in 10 years. Why do I believe that? Several reasons:

2) I buy what I like, which means I could careless what it might be worth to someone else

3) I am not a drooling fanboy who believes the bulk of comic collections will only rise in value

4) Even though I collect late silver, bronze, and moderns on an almost equal scale, I refuse to set any expectations for monetary value on anything I own.

I find it interesting that you project growth in comic values yet you do not know what GP Analysis is. GP Analysis is not by any means the end all be all of comic values but it is a very useful tool.

Oh, I almost forgot. My collection is not for sale so do not bore me with your offer.

I find it interesting that someone who claims they are NOT interested in the monetary value of their comic book collection not only knows what the GP Analysis is, but also claims it is a very useful tool to determine comic values. Checkmate. makepoint.gif

Maybe you should try to do a better job of masking your identity before you get banned...AGAIN. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I can't believe he's still online, and not banned yet. Hammer comes on, and he's toast in a NY minute, but Mmmarvel morphs to Marvelous, and somehow this escapes them. 27_laughing.gif

Maybe the moderators are busy slabbing comics.Lets leave insufficiently_thoughtful_person alone just in case he really does have the 10K to buy these books.Stranger things have happened.

Besides-give em enuff rope......

Maybe you should try to do a better job of masking your identity before you get banned...AGAIN. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I can't believe he's still online, and not banned yet. Hammer comes on, and he's toast in a NY minute, but Mmmarvel morphs to Marvelous, and somehow this escapes them. 27_laughing.gif

Maybe the moderators are busy slabbing comics.Lets leave insufficiently_thoughtful_person alone just in case he really does have the 10K to buy these books.Stranger things have happened.

Besides-give em enuff rope......

Don't see any PM from Shady with a list of all his comics so I can pick out 23k worth of his GA, SA, and BA and pay him 10k. What's a matter? Did you put your foot in your mouth and are now afraid to sell? We can broker the deal through an independent board member where you can send your comics and I will send my money.

Maybe the moderators are busy slabbing comics.Lets leave insufficiently_thoughtful_person alone just in case he really does have the 10K to buy these books.

I seriously doubt it, as con artists selling flashy plastic slabs have likely swindled this poor schmuck for all he's worth + 5-10 credit cards maxxed to the limit.

That's why he continually starts these "comics will be worth zillions in 10 years" threads, as the poor guy is scared witless.

Don't see any PM from Shady with a list of all his comics so I can pick out 23k worth of his GA, SA, and BA and pay him 10k. What's a matter? Did you put your foot in your mouth and are now afraid to sell?

Oh man, if I thought you had more than a plug nickel, I'd easily sell you $23K of comics at Guide for $10K. No problem about it, and you could sit back and watch those appreciate for the next 10 years. 27_laughing.gif

I think anyone on the boards would do the same deal: $23K Guide for $10K cash. Only a insufficiently_thoughtful_person would even contemplate paying $10K for such a deal, but in your case, that goes without saying. 27_laughing.gif

I find it interesting that someone who claims they are NOT interested in the monetary value of their comic book collection not only knows what the GP Analysis is, but also claims it is a very useful tool to determine comic values. Checkmate. makepoint.gif

GP Analysis is as much a buyers tool as a speculators tool. I may consider the monetary value of my collection meaningless, but I am not in the habit of spending my money on a whim. Educated spending equates to more bang for the buck.

I hope you play chess better than you spend money.

Maybe the moderators are busy slabbing comics.Lets leave insufficiently_thoughtful_person alone just in case he really does have the 10K to buy these books.

I seriously doubt it, as con artists selling flashy plastic slabs have likely swindled this poor schmuck for all he's worth + 5-10 credit cards maxxed to the limit.

That's why he continually starts these "comics will be worth zillions in 10 years" threads, as the poor guy is scared witless.

Put your comics where your mouth is tough guy. I will do the same deal with you as I will with your bosom buddy shady.

Put your comics where your mouth is tough guy. I will do the same deal with you as I will with your bosom buddy shady.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Sorry, but I'm an ethical person and don't swindle those less fortunate than myself. If you even had a hint of clue, you'd drop this "gimme $23K Guide in books for $10K cash" nonsense and stop looking like a tool.

He doesn't play anymore. He had to sell his chess set to pay for more over-priced slabs. stooges.gif

Yeah, that $600 I spent on a Hulk #181 in CGC 9.4 condition a few years back is really coming back to haunt me. foreheadslap.gif

Looks like either all you weenies had a circle jerk meeting and then decided to post at the same time or you are all the same person.

Yeah, that $600 I spent on a Hulk #181 in CGC 9.4 condition a few years back is really coming back to haunt me. foreheadslap.gif

When exactly did you buy a CGC 9.4 Universal Hulk 181 for $600? Just post the auction ID number, as I keep track of these in Auction Magic databases.

He doesn't play anymore. He had to sell his chess set to pay for more over-priced slabs. stooges.gif

Looks like either all you weenies had a circle jerk meeting and then decided to post at the same time or you are all the same person.

27_laughing.gif This post is funnier than you realize.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Sorry, but I'm an ethical person and don't swindle those less fortunate than myself. If you even had a hint of clue, you'd drop this "gimme $23K Guide in books for $10K cash" nonsense and stop looking like a tool.

Quit calling Shady a tool. 893naughty-thumb.gif I am more than happy to take him up on his offer of $23k worth of comics for $10k. Of course I still haven't received a PM yet.

When exactly did you buy a CGC 9.4 Universal Hulk 181 for $600? Just post the auction ID number, as I keep track of these in Auction Magic databases.

Why would a person who is not concerned about the monetary value of their comic book collection keep track of auctions in a database, especially auctions involving Hulk #181 which you claim is very common? Just doesn't add up.

I am more than happy to take him up on his offer of $23k worth of comics for $10k. Of course I still haven't received a PM yet.

That's because he's probably a nice guy and doesn't want to rook a simpleton.

I've got a long-box of low to mid-grade Silver Age worth in excess of $23K Overstreet Guide, but I'd probably be hard pressed to get $5K-$7K for them on EBay. If you want to pay me $10K for those, you're more than welcome.

Seriously, PM me and we'll work out a deal for your "investment".

Why would a person who is not concerned about the monetary value of their comic book collection keep track of auctions in a database, especially auctions involving Hulk #181 which you claim is very common? Just doesn't add up.

I'm curious as to what insufficiently_thoughtful_person specs are paying, now post the Auction ID.

I'm curious as to what insufficiently_thoughtful_person specs are paying, now post the Auction ID.

Didn't buy it at an auction.

I am more than happy to take him up on his offer of $23k worth of comics for $10k. Of course I still haven't received a PM yet.

That's because he's probably a nice guy and doesn't want to rook a simpleton.

I've got a long-box of low to mid-grade Silver Age worth in excess of $23K Overstreet Guide, but I'd probably be hard pressed to get $5K-$7K for them on EBay. If you want to pay me $10K for those, you're more than welcome.

Seriously, PM me and we'll work out a deal for your "investment".

I only collect HG SA and BA Marvel Super-Hero comics. If you have any PM me. However, I bet there are some dealers on these boards who might want to take you up on your mid-grade offer.