• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Today has been the best day of my life.

112 posts in this topic

Today I found out...

-Roxette signed to an American label.

-Billy Cundiff signed a 5 year contract with the Ravens.

-My graduation date: May 25th.

-Plans are coming together for when I move to Japan in August.

Please share my excitement with me, oh wonderful Water Cooler! (or Comics General, MY BAD.) :whee::banana:

I'm very happy for you, Lauren! :applause:

...orami?!
:ohnoez:

I would continue, but the many board members that do know me would in fact verify that I am in fact a female.

....orami!?

Oh, I know you are one. An iconic one on here at that. Everytime, I pick up an Archie, I automatically think BaltimoreLauren. :)

I feel the same way about Greggy and Strawberry Shortcake.

And to the rest of you, Roxette has been a borderline obsession of mine since I was 7. When I went through physical rehab all I listened to was Roxette. They helped me out through a lot. So yes, Roxette. JOIN THE JOYRIDE, YA'LL. :whee:

:luhv:

I love when you do that hocus pocus to me

The way that you touch/you got the power to heal

You give me that look,

It's almost unreal

lol, I first heard that song on the soundtrack to "Super Mario Bros.: The Movie".

So did I! I then spent the next 7 years looking for a copy of the soundtrack, despite that 'Almost Unreal' has been on every greatest hits album...

This was the first Roxette song I was exposed too. I was in my dads station wagon, and we were driving to the local comic shop. He said "I heard this song on the radio, so I bought the CD." He played the song (and then repeated it a few times). The first time I heard it I was stunned, got goosebumps, and thought "My God, this is amazing." Later that night I took the keys to his car, took the CD out, and played it over and over again for two days straight. I was about 7, and since then I've warped four copies of Crash! Boom! Bang!

lol. I hope that nowadays it's simply on your iPod. :cool:

I had the great fortune to be a late teen when Roxette became really big in the US. They were huh-UGE. Constant VH1 airplay....

:cloud9:

I'm seething with jealousy. Except not really. I sometimes talk to Per over Twitter.

Brad, it most certainly is on my iPod now! lol

I had the great fortune to be a late teen when Roxette became really big in the US. They were huh-UGE. Constant VH1 airplay....

I'm seething with jealousy. Except not really. I sometimes talk to Per over Twitter.

Sweet! I mention it only in the relative ease of access that it granted. It matters not when one became a fan, so long as they do.

Sweet! I mention it only in the relative ease of access that it granted. It matters not when one became a fan, so long as they do.

Thats the only reason why I'm jealous! lol I wish I could see them live!

Congratulations, Japan is an incredible place to be and is a lot of fun. The language thing kinda sucks though but most everything else there makes up for it.

Only a girl could be happy about a kicker getting a 5 year extension... just saying.

Eh, nihongo o hanashimasu. ;)

Of course I'm happy about one of the best NFL kickers getting a 5 year deal! YAY CUNDIFF! <3

I'm dead serious when I say that the musical focus of my life from 1990-1992 was Roxette, Whitney Houston, and Enya.

hm

Does that make me gay....?

lol

Ok, ok, I also listened to Boyz II Men. What can I say, I'm a pop music junkie. If you look at the #1 Billboard charts from 1990, it's nothing but pop. :grin:

I'm dead serious when I say that the musical focus of my life from 1990-1992 was Roxette, Whitney Houston, and Enya.

hm

lol

Ok, ok, I also listened to Boyz II Men. What can I say, I'm a pop music junkie. If you look at the #1 Billboard charts from 1990, it's nothing but pop. :grin:

Well that explains a great deal.

hm

lol

Indeed it does :eek: *

*J/K RMA lol:foryou:

hm

lol

Just means you had rubbish taste in music.

hm

lol

:grin:

hm

lol

I'll take a special trip over to your house this summer just to rainbow punch you.

hm

lol

I'll take a special trip over to your house this summer just to rainbow punch you.

That could be your practice for dealing with Japanese men.