• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Cover's Appreciation!!!

103 posts in this topic

I don't know if this has been done before confused.gif, if it has my apoligies, if not I (maybe others ?) would like to see any comics with Double Covers that forum members have. Slabbed or Raw, doesn't matter, post them if you got em flowerred.gif

Courtesy of Hoodeedoo back in December 2003 when he was selling off books to buy a few of Bob Storms's FFs! I think the outer cover is actually a 9.2, but it's still a one-of-a-kind copy of one of the hardest early-1970s FFs to find in high grade.

Hulk 162.. inside 9.6, outside 9.4... sweet.

I finally obtained a gorgeous 9.8 but still can't force myself sell this one.

If you ever feel "the force" to sell it, 893crossfingers-thumb.gif give me a call anytime flowerred.gif

Giant Size ASM 4.. inside 9.4, outside 9.6... sweet.

is that the one from philly/motor city?

No, that was a straight up 9.6.

Had I held that one until now, i could have done much better than the $75 over cost i sold it for. The buyer deserved it though. He is a mega Spidey-ASM key collector and was so thrilled to get that book. I only wanted to reduce my cost on that Amazing Adventures 18 9.8 W "i had to have" and paid quite a bit to get if you recall. I may be one of the only Killraven fans alive 27_laughing.gif... love that cover!

Here is a list of what I have so far.

Amazing Spider-man #200 CGC 9.4 (Outer 9.0, Interior 9.4)

Avengers #202 (VF/NM)

Ghost Rider #20 (NM-)

Incredible Hulk #236 (Fair)

Marvel Team-Up #100 (FN)

Supernatural Thrillers 3 (NM)

Sergeant Fury and His Howling Commandos #109 CGC 9.6

Warlock #4 (VG/FN)

Eventhough I'm a spandex-only collector, this for me is one of the best, if not THE best Bronze-Age cover...

When I had the chance to snap up a double cover version of it, I never thought twice....

First cover is a 6.0/6.5 (maybe) second cover is a nice VF/VF+

Sorry about the bad pic of the second cover, but I'm not putting it under a scanner folded 893naughty-thumb.gif

conan.jpg

cool.gif

433105-conandouble.jpg

433105-conandouble.jpg.747392c1d400ef034797987efd895ad5.jpg

Nice! Looks like Conan is a little late on the draw. That dog is on his neck in .3 seconds and his sword is not even swinging at the mutt. Posing is no good Conan 893naughty-thumb.gif gotta' swing the sword.

i was thinking the same EXACT thing. foreheadslap.gif

Nice! Looks like Conan is a little late on the draw. That dog is on his neck in .3 seconds and his sword is not even swinging at the mutt. Posing is no good Conan 893naughty-thumb.gif gotta' swing the sword.

Two words....Cimmerian headbut.... blush.gif