• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay/CGC Help

20 posts in this topic

So I just bought a Signature Series book from ebay and when I got it, the case was cracked. The person I bought it from says the will give me a full refund on it, but I am stll going to have to pay to have it shipped back.

What does it cost do get a new CGC case put on the book? Will I run the risk of the book getting a lower grade?

You can ship the book to CGC to have it reholdered for $11 or so + shipping to and from CGC.

If you want to save costs you can hand it to them if they are at a con local to you and then you just pay the $11 plus shipping back OR you can reholder it in Philly or Chicago where they usually grade on sight.

Unless there was damage done to the book chances are slim that the grade will change.

If you send in a book alone for a reholder, your total bill can easily exceed $30 with shipping both ways to/from CGC. It can be more if it is an expensive book.

There is always a chance the book will come back a different grade, but if the inner well is not compromised it is a very slim chance.

Good luck.

If you want to save costs you can hand it to them if they are at a con local to you and then you just pay the $11 plus shipping back.

Roy, are you sure about this? Last time I subbed at a con I felt like I was being charged for shipping both ways.

If you want to save costs you can hand it to them if they are at a con local to you and then you just pay the $11 plus shipping back.

Roy, are you sure about this? Last time I subbed at a con I felt like I was being charged for shipping both ways.

You know, i could be wrong but i guess we'd have to ask someone at CGC.

You can ship the book to CGC to have it reholdered for $11 or so + shipping to and from CGC.

If you want to save costs you can hand it to them if they are at a con local to you and then you just pay the $11 plus shipping back OR you can reholder it in Philly or Chicago where they usually grade on sight.

Unless there was damage done to the book chances are slim that the grade will change.

CGC does not reholder comics on site.

You know, i could be wrong but i guess we'd have to ask someone at CGC.

You do not pay any shipping to CGC when you drop comics off at there booth. The normal return shipping is applied. I know dealers who have dropped off a long box of comics at a show to save on shipping. They do not reholder at shows that they offer on site grading, just grading.

If you send in a book alone for a reholder, your total bill can easily exceed $30 with shipping both ways to/from CGC. It can be more if it is an expensive book.

Good luck.

probably closer to $40 on a book valued under $200

and up from there

was it cracked when you bought it? was it disclosed as cracked? did they say it was cracked and you failed to read that, then whats fair is fair, you know where you stand in that regard. however returning the book and paying to send it back will leave you with no book and out $10-15, "is that fair?"

that'll never happen. the situation needs to be worked out between buyer and seller. first figure out whose fault it is. was there a honest attempt at safe packaging, i.e. plenty of bubble wrap? or just consider it as one of the perks of buying on ebay.

CGC does not reholder comics on site.

I believe it depends on their workload. If you are a customer in good standing with a couple books to reholder they will usually oblige.

that'll never happen. the situation needs to be worked out between buyer and seller. first figure out whose fault it is. was there a honest attempt at safe packaging, i.e. plenty of bubble wrap? or just consider it as one of the perks of buying on ebay.

It doesn't matter whose fault it is. The seller is responsible for getting the item to the buyer as described. ie; without any cracks

Thus the seller is responsible to perform.

Either take the book back or come to an agreement with the buyer to make them whole.