• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread FINALLY Closed!

54 posts in this topic

I think he is trying to answer my question about the "week or so" reappearance with a higher grade.

Possible I guess. But....something about this whole thing just doesn't seem to fit. Seems to be some missing pieces in this puzzle.

This whole topic is crazy! There's no way anyone could hide any foul play on these boards. You guys are like the police, and nothing gets by. Ive been nothing but honest regarding this book. Its a shame some people think Im hiding something (shrug)

I didnt mean for this post to start anything, thats why I originally posted this in the Restoration thread.

You should have put it Comics General, it would have been 60 pages long by now.

Someone else started a thread there and it's currently on page 9.

I'm gonna be the devil's advocate and ask: Is it possible that CGC made the mistake this time on the restoration? (shrug) Did they spot some odd stain or minor color defect and call it an added piece?

All three of these threads have really gotten me re-evaluating the whole PLOD stigma; as well as enlightening me as to the value of pedigrees... Perhaps I should post these questions in those other threads... Back on-topic, I've got a couple of key PLOD books in my collection so this high-grade book might fit right in... hm PM sent, Spider-Dan!

I didnt mean for this post to start anything, thats why I originally posted this in the Restoration thread.

You should have put it Comics General, it would have been 60 pages long by now.

Someone else started a thread there and it's currently on page 9.

I'm gonna be the devil's advocate and ask: Is it possible that CGC made the mistake this time on the restoration? (shrug) Did they spot some odd stain or minor color defect and call it an added piece?

All three of these threads have really gotten me re-evaluating the whole PLOD stigma; as well as enlightening me as to the value of pedigrees... Perhaps I should post these questions in those other threads... Back on-topic, I've got a couple of key PLOD books in my collection so this high-grade book might fit right in... hm PM sent, Spider-Dan!

PM responded to

I think he is trying to answer my question about the "week or so" reappearance with a higher grade.

Possible I guess. But....something about this whole thing just doesn't seem to fit. Seems to be some missing pieces in this puzzle.

This whole topic is crazy! There's no way anyone could hide any foul play on these boards. You guys are like the police, and nothing gets by. Ive been nothing but honest regarding this book. Its a shame some people think Im hiding something (shrug)

+1

I dont know Dan from a hole in the wall but i cant believe that he(or anyone who's been here more than a week!) would be trying to pull something like this with all the wannabe Scully's here on the boards. If he was trying to pull a fast one, he could have easily put it on eBay or a hundred other places where he wouldnt have a million and 1 people researching and questioning it.

It's pretty clear to me that CGC made a mistake regarding the resto either originally or on the regrade (thumbs u

I may never understand the PLOD stigma or the pricing confusion it creates. ??? The "buy the book, not the label" mantra is not colorblind, it seems. If this same book had EP restoration from the get-go and wasn't a pedigree, would it have sold for Spider-Dan's asking price? Does slight resto have an advantage in the marketplace as opposed to extensive? I'd like to have a crystal ball to peer a couple of decades into the future for answers to questions like these.. But for the time being, despite all the ginned-up controversy, :takeit: as per PM.

If this same book had EP restoration from the get-go and wasn't a pedigree, would it have sold for Spider-Dan's asking price?

No.

Does slight resto have an advantage in the marketplace as opposed to extensive?

Yes.

If this same book had EP restoration from the get-go and wasn't a pedigree, would it have sold for Spider-Dan's asking price?

No.

Yes.

+1 I was wondering what this books value would actually be.

No.

Yes.

Like anything else, I would say it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. :baiting:

No.

Yes.

Like anything else, I would say it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. :baiting:

I hear that a lot, but I find that many things sell for more than they're worth. :baiting:

+1

I dont know Dan from a hole in the wall but i cant believe that he(or anyone who's been here more than a week!) would be trying to pull something like this with all the wannabe Scully's here on the boards. If he was trying to pull a fast one, he could have easily put it on eBay or a hundred other places where he wouldnt have a million and 1 people researching and questioning it.

It's pretty clear to me that CGC made a mistake regarding the resto either originally or on the regrade (thumbs u

:applause:

I may never understand the PLOD stigma or the pricing confusion it creates. ??? The "buy the book, not the label" mantra is not colorblind, it seems. If this same book had EP restoration from the get-go and wasn't a pedigree, would it have sold for Spider-Dan's asking price? Does slight resto have an advantage in the marketplace as opposed to extensive? I'd like to have a crystal ball to peer a couple of decades into the future for answers to questions like these.. But for the time being, despite all the ginned-up controversy, :takeit: as per PM.

^^