• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread FINALLY Closed!

54 posts in this topic

Up for sale is Batman #62 CGC 8.0 restored

This was a 7.5 Universal Old Label Rockford Pedigree

When re-subbed it came back with the PLOD!

I will include the old label with the book

Please take it easy on me, I took enough slack about cracking a Pedegree when I posted this in the Restoration thread (tsk)

Not really sure what to ask, so lets try $450 shipped anywhere in US or Canada - GPA on a Universal is just under $1500. Please feel free to PM offers

:takeit: trumps any PM's

You can check my Kudos from my sig line!

That's really odd. I can imagine CGC missing pro resto, but amateur? They must not have had their Wheaties that day.

Is the piece at the top right?

Im not sure, I didnt notice anything while it was out of the case

Anyway, that's a beautiful book. Did you try to submit it again?
:tonofbricks:

I mean, come on. CGC delivered the blue label and even the pedigree. It means they made a mistake either at the first submission or at the second one. That's a grave professional mistake. CGC is supposed to be the reference. It makes me :frustrated: stuff like this. That's CGC's job.

At least you could ask CGC some explanation. Maybe you could get some free submission or something. I remember a boardie who had a PGX book who missed a restoration and he got something like 4 or 5 free submission

It's a pedigree so I guess you bought it from an online auction, not from a collector.

I just rode the 6 pages of thread on this book in the restoration thread. He got already plenty of comments. If CGC says the piece is attached and give it a PLOD, it should be visible on the cover. Also, my advice is, if you want to sell it, you should call them to know the grading notes. So at least we,"potential buyer", can know for sure how is the book. Just my 2c

I would be interested to know if CGC's position is "we missed it the first time", or if their position is that this is not the same book. Or, silly as it sounds, that the work was done to the book after their first grading.

How can any of us be confident with books we have purchased already graded, checked and slabbed? If things like this pop up. Even if rarely.

If you purchased this book already in a blue label and then this happened. CGC owes you some money. That is my stand.

I agree with a previous poster that there is something not quite right with this scenario. But you are presenting it as a PLOD and not a raw book. So Kudos to you for that.

Just doesn't make sense, unless CGC failed this time. No one is perfect but they need to make some sort of statement or restitution, IMHO. If you bought it slabbed.

Well. That link answers some of my questions. I am sure that CGC will weigh in and tell us what options this man has for restitution. He bought it slabbed and barring that the Ebay seller did some shenanigans, this person deserves some compensation. Mistakes happen and that is why companies have insurance and such. I know that CGC wants to maintain their reputation and to make this right would be nothing monetarily to them. So I am confident they will step up to the plate and make things right with you.

The notes from the previous grading and the slab serial numbers should indicate whether foul play or mistake.

I just rode the 6 pages of thread on this book in the restoration thread. He got already plenty of comments. If CGC says the piece is attached and give it a PLOD, it should be visible on the cover. Also, my advice is, if you want to sell it, you should call them to know the grading notes. So at least we,"potential buyer", can know for sure how is the book. Just my 2c

Im tired of asking them about thier inconsistantcies(?) - They couldnt explain why my ASM 25 9.2 Old Label turned into an 8.0 either

:frustrated::pullhair::frustrated::pullhair:

Heres a small lot of a few Silver Age Amazing Spiderman's

79 - 8.0, 82 - 6.0, 84 - 8.0, 90 - 9.0, 93 - 4.5 (bottom staple pulled) 97 - 5.0

OSPS for the lot is $327 - Im asking $180 shipped anywhere in US or Canada

Photobucket