• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The paper trail..

232 posts in this topic

Are hookers more important than comic books???

Only if my wife finds out?

About the hookers or the comics? I can actually see her understanding one of them.

Wife on comic books: "You are a dork, why are they in plastic, you can't even look at those" doh!

Any consollation that the seller will take a $1050 bath on the crack/resub venture on this occasion?
With this reply, I dont feel bad at all.

This is ing bull shlit! So we ditched the designation and now we have a common PLOD. Good! People try so hard to keep these books with the designation and someone hoping to make a few bucks ditches the designation to try and cover the paper trail. Awesome!

And I have had pedigrees grade out higher than the originally anticipated grade..

I'm with you brother,I cant believe it's pedigree is lost.All for a grade bump,perfect! (shrug)

Id rather have Pedigreed cash. Each with its own serial number to keep track of its origin.

:roflmao:

The word "Rockford" on the CGC label just meant CGC was a fan of the 70's TV show with James Garner?

All I'm saying is that the guy says he didn't notice it was a Pedigree. I'm guessing that it's more important to some people than to others.

Really this is more of a conversation about the designation then it is the person who has the book. Its one of those situations where we are talking about the book someone owns, but not the owner. Make sense?

Sure but the owner is going to get blasted.

lol

I think it's safe to say that most of us care about the pedigree designation. There are some people that don't give a Horton hears a Hoot!

What really needs to be the focus here is that the label should be sent in on every resub. The label that you are sending back will never affect the grade of the book as the label is removed before the book reaches the graders but it can supply useful information to CGC.

Getting the word out that sending the label back in will not affect the grade will change people's perceptions of the resub process AND it will help keep the census accurate in regards to population as well as pedigrees.

To me this is the lesson of the matter.

If/ when a buyer buys this book, can they then resub the book with the old label from the seller and get the Pedigree status reinstated?

Do the Rockford books have any markings/identification that would allow CGC to identify the book without the old label anyway?

Are hookers more important than comic books???

I would have to assume 1 of 2 things. The book isnt the actual Rockford, as the photos shown the label does not look to be in the slab. You would need to have a list of sellers leading back to the original sales. And most likely after everything that has happened, no.

The pictures taken in the thread stated he kept the label and for the pictures just laid the label on top of the slab. At this point, I think you have to take the seller at face value when he says the book was a Rockford. I also don't think, at this point, the book was resubbed trying to ditch the pedigree and cleanse the book.

Common sense dictates that the seller would not state that and then try to sell the book on these same boards as a Rockford. Now, common sense is not that common but you have to give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

I would say the best course of action would be to bring the book to the attention of CGC and see what can be done. I like pedigrees just as much as the next guy but I would be more concerned with the missing of amateur restoration.

Finally, you have avoided the more important question as bolded above. :taptaptap:

This. All of it but especially the bold.

(thumbs u

I dont even know what to say anymore Roy. I love this hobby, some people look at it as a way to make money. Losing the pedigree designation on any book is just sad. Who gets to decide if a books history should be erased.

Pat, it's not a life and death situation so it shouldn't bother you so much. Dan says he didn't even initially recognize it was a Ped. He also said that he doesn't feel about Peds the same way most people do. That's his right. He's in the minority and that's a positive for anyone who likes Peds. He's not kicking puppies.

Finally, I really want to end on this point as this could be a big plus for the future...I'm guessing that the majority of people who don't send in labels do so out of fear of keeping the grade of their book down on a resub. people need to know that submitting the book with the label will NEVER affect the grade of the book.

The graders never see the labels. They are simply taken by the admin staff when the book is unpackaged.

The book you subbed Supa, was it a piece added to cover. And amateur? Kind of easy to spot that stuff alot of the time.

no. it was CT a size of a pinhead on a bronze age book.

Mine was a good amount of black marker on a black cover that they missed first time around. It happens.

Oh, and just to add this, you can just mail in an entire, unopened slab for a regrade and it will not affect the grade. Admin staff will remove the book, remove the label from the census, transfer any pertinent data like variant, Pedigree, etc, place the bare comic in a mylar with a bar code on it and the book will get anonymously graded. That's the system, folks!

I give up Roy. I just dont feel up to debating with you. So I will go ahead and say what kind of person cant read a ing label. Rockford is on it. On top of that we dont have an original picture, and I couldnt find the auction listing it came from. So I have my doubts.

I give up Roy. I just dont feel up to debating with you. So I will go ahead and say what kind of person cant read a ing label. Rockford is on it. On top of that we dont have an original picture, and I couldnt find the auction listing it came from. So I have my doubts.

Oh, i don't want to debate it either. I just think making positive changes moving forward is more productive than looking back and getting pissed.

:foryou:

Here is the pic of the item when it originally sold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230564099639

Oh, i don't want to debate it either. I just think making positive changes moving forward is more productive than looking back and getting pissed.

:foryou:

Here is the pic of the item when it originally sold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230564099639

While I know you don't agree with me Roy, Thanks for the kind words and agreeing that Im not a criminal (thumbs u

Its not about being a criminal, its about being a deek. I think AF15 is the most over rated book and you would be a fool to be holding one when anyone with a brain would have sold last year, but I dont say this when someone posts a grail. I dont tell people what they should collect, and I try and be respectful of others in the hobby. So when someone makes comments that are offensive, I get defensive. I have no problem going toe to toe with anyone who wants to just be a jerk to others and act like hot sheet.

So no, I dont think you are a criminal. I do find you to be inconsiderate to others who may not agree with you, and also a horrible custodian to any books you may posess. And even now, if you had the designation restored the book would pull additional cash over what a non ped would bring.

Its not about being a criminal, its about being a deek. I think AF15 is the most over rated book and you would be a fool to be holding one when anyone with a brain would have sold last year, but I dont say this when someone posts a grail. I dont tell people what they should collect, and I try and be respectful of others in the hobby. So when someone makes comments that are offensive, I get defensive. I have no problem going toe to toe with anyone who wants to just be a jerk to others and act like hot sheet.

So no, I dont think you are a criminal. I do find you to be inconsiderate to others who may not agree with you, and also a horrible custodian to any books you may posess. And even now, if you had the designation restored the book would pull additional cash over what a non ped would bring.

Looking back at BOTH of the threads that this book is invloved in - PLEASE show me where I was disrespectful to any board member??

I made a little joke about collecting cash.. lighten up. Good or Bad, it was a joke!

Looking back at BOTH of the threads that this book is invloved in - PLEASE show me where I was disrespectful to any board member??

I made a little joke about collecting cash.. lighten up. Good or Bad, it was a joke!

I don't think Pat or any of us think you have been disrespectful to board members. It was the disrespect for the pedigree that is a concern for many of us.