• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh boy bad news Ebay seller

18 posts in this topic

I won a DVD from This guy, and now it looks like I may never get it. I have E-Mailed the seller asking if he sent the item, and informing him that if he didn't I want a refund. If he doesn't comply, what can I do? I don't know the steps to take to file a complaint. It is only something like sixteen bucks, but it is MY sixteen bucks. frown.gif

Phil

How did you pay? LMAO Phil what were you thinking? Look at this guy's impeccable feedback. wink.gif

If you paid with a money order, consider yourself screwed since ebay doesn't cover anything below $25. It doesn't really matter anyway because they take forever to give you a refund (ie my friend has been waiting for 8 months and counting).

If you paid via CC then charge it back baby! laugh.gif

Ahh, but did you notice that nearly all (109/129) the negatives came in the last 30 days? Same with the neutrals (70/82). I cannot understand it when a seller builds up a huge amount of positive feedback, has regular customers, and then pulls the fly by night all of a sudden? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Phil, I'm sorry to hear the bad news. The same thing has happened to me twice in the past 2 years. The first time I sent a money order for like $20+ for a MIB Batman Target Exclusive doll/figure. The second time I sent $15 via PayPal for a poster painted by Alex Ross. Thanks to the butthole that I sent the money order to, I will NEVER send a money order to another person I'm doing business with over the internet. I don't give a who it is, I simply cannot afford to get screwed again. I would have the charge disputed by my credit card company, but it's not worth 3 months of hassle. The reason I say that is because I had to dispute $300 of fraudulent charges last year (somebody obtained my credit card number or I gave it to the wrong person), and it took 3+ months to get it straightened out. It was a genuine pain in the , but I had to do, $300 is a lot of money to me.

If you paid the person via PayPal, and 30 days has NOT expired, I would contact PayPal and file a complaint ASAP.

No joke, at the rate I've been receiving positive feedback (50+ per year), it will take 20+ years to get that many unique positives! tongue.gif However, I used my brothers eBay account before registering my own (so technically I have more transactions under my belt), and then let's not forget all the forgetful people that never leave feedback. frown.gif It sometimes seems like it takes 3 transactions to get 1 positive feedback, what a deal!

What i've started to do is include my own seller's "invoice" which rakes in about 90% return rate on feedbacks when I sell tongue.gif Some people aren't computer savvy and others just need a little reminder laugh.gif

> No joke, at the rate I've been receiving positive feedback (50+ per year), it will

take 20+ years to get that many unique positives!

Wish eBay's rating system would take prices into account, either by giving more points for expensive items or by having separate feedback categories (<$10, $10-$25, $25-$100, >$100). It looks like snizzenfixet had good reason to trust this seller before he turned into Mr. Hyde. On the other hand, it might have raised a flag if you could have seen that >1,000 of those transactions were < $10. When I buy valuable books, I usually include the price in my feedback since I feel that this is very useful information for future buyers.

How did you pay?

Paypal balance transfer.

LMAO Phil what were you thinking?

Hehe, actually I was thinking "Hey if I lose it ... Oh well, it is only sixteen dollars and change" but when it actually looked like I lost out, then I got madder than I thought I would. Not because of the money, but because it sucks to get ripped off.

Phil

Heh Heh......I'm the same way Phil.

I bought a few raw Fantastic Four books off of eBay a year or two ago and the guy never sent them to me. It was only like 12 bucks but it was the principle of the thing.

Then, I realized he lived in the same city as I do. I almost filed against him in small claims court just so I could take the 12 dollars out of his and make him have to take off work, pay court costs, and refund my money. I got on the small claims court website and started to fill out the forms and then stopped and just said to heck with it.

Although....another eBayer that got ripped off by him contacted me and we got the jerk banned from eBay.