• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Award Category!!!!!!!! >:->

104 posts in this topic

Why do we have to vote at all? Since when do we need other members permission to host an award ceremony? confused.gif

CRISIS ROCKS!!!!

The sooner you realize that....the sooner we can all get our next installment. cloud9.gif

Don't worry about the nay-sayers, they will be dealt with accordingly.10_1_127.gif

I vote no. Why do we have to have an award for a thread? We should have Aquaman trivia instead. 893whatthe.gif

OK - this isn't an award for a thread. It is an award named after a thread for another thread. See how simple it is? PS - your No still stands and we all respect your vote. tongue.gifwink.gif

I vote no. Why do we have to have an award for a thread? We should have Aquaman trivia instead. 893whatthe.gif

OK - this isn't an award for a thread. It is an award named after a thread for another thread. See how simple it is? PS - your No still stands and we all respect your vote. tongue.gifwink.gif

I understand this exercise is to name an award that would be given to a deserving thread. Isn't that what the star system is supposed to do? The more stars a thread has the more popular it is. This all just seems like another in a long line of trivial attempts at organization.

Isn't that what the star system is supposed to do? The more stars a thread has the more popular it is. This all just seems like another in a long line of trivial attempts at organization.

Well the star system may supposed to be doing that, but how many 3 or 4 or 5 star threads are there? And dang but just going by a set of stars seems awfully detached and mechanical. Basically they have no penache, no personality, no humanity to them.

Not sure what you mean by "organization". I see this and the other Forum Awards as not-so-trivial attempts to inject some humanity and fun into the boards.

Am I on your ignore user list? confused.gif

Someone hear someone saying something? Sounds like a little mosquito buzzing... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

No Beyonder - I would never put you on an Ignore List! You just made too much sense there in your earlier post and I was kind of stunned into silnce by the simplicity of it all. crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

Am I on your ignore user list? confused.gif

Someone hear someone saying something? Sounds like a little mosquito buzzing... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

No Beyonder - I would never put you on an Ignore List! You just made too much sense there in your earlier post and I was kind of stunned into silnce by the simplicity of it all. crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

I have my moments..... smirk.gif

makepoint.gif

Why do I get the feeling I am missing a point somewhere? crazy.gif

You know those type of situations where someone is sooo adamant (we'll call this stubborn) to do something (we'll call this an agenda) that they can only see their side of things (we'll call this wearing blinders) and even when others present opposition or another viewpoint (we'll call this common sense) that person can only argue with them or worse resort to name calling (we'll call this JC/Beyonder)

hi.gif

makepoint.gif

You know those type of situations where someone is sooo adamant (we'll call this stubborn) to do something (we'll call this an agenda) that they can only see their side of things (we'll call this wearing blinders) and even when others present opposition or another viewpoint (we'll call this common sense) that person can only argue with them or worse resort to name calling (we'll call this JC/Beyonder)

hi.gif

Are you trying to be an insufficiently_thoughtful_person....or does it just come naturally?

When you get a moment...can you please outline my agenda; give an example of me being stubborn and wearing blinders; illustrate my lack of common sense & finally....post a link to a thread where I resort to name calling because I'm losing an argument?

makepoint.gif

hi.gif

Are you trying to be an insufficiently_thoughtful_person....or does it just come naturally?

When you get a moment...can you please outline my agenda; give an example of me being stubborn and wearing blinders; illustrate my lack of common sense & finally....post a link to a thread where I resort to name calling because I'm losing an argument?

that person can only argue with them or worse resort to name calling (we'll call this JC/Beyonder)

makepoint.gif

hi.gif

that person can only argue with them or worse resort to name calling (we'll call this JC/Beyonder)

Oh..... sorry.gif

I love Crisis, but the thread that's made me laugh out loud the most (hence wins my award for the funniest) is the one showing a page from a DC book with the word balloons emptied, allowing people to substitute their own dialogue. Really funny stuff IMO.

In terms of quality humor and creative humor, Crisis would win my vote.

Dan

Here's one you probably did not see.

Link

devil.gif

I had a monkey like that when I was a kid. I loved it. The hands had wires in them, so you could make it hold things. And when you moved the nub of a tail, its head would move. That monkey photo brought back a lot of good memories.

That monkey photo brought back a lot of good memories.

That monkey gives me nightmares. 893whatthe.gif

And I'm not touching the following quote...

And when you moved the nub of a tail, its head would move.

That's too much for me to handle. insane.gif

makepoint.gif

hi.gif

hi.gif back!

Yes, I know now exactly what you mean. I HATE people like that! grin.gif

makepoint.gif

hi.gif

hi.gif back!

Yes, I know now exactly what you mean. I HATE people like that! grin.gif

I agree I hate people like that also.

gossip.gif

You know those type of situations where someone is sooo adamant (we'll call this stubborn)

Or in Pov's case, it would be that he believes in something and has enthusiasm for his idea.

to do something (we'll call this an agenda)

Or perhaps he was trying to find out what others thought, hence the poll as opposed to a declaration of intent without room for other opinions.

that they can only see their side of things (we'll call this wearing blinders)

Or perhaps, by virtue of his asking for opinions and reasons, he wanted to see other sides.

and even when others present opposition or another viewpoint (we'll call this common sense)

You can't claim "common sense" when you are more adamant and "wearing blinders" than Pov is (at least he asked for other opinions. You appear to want everyone to adhere to yours, or be labeled as lacking in "common sense").

And you're not arguing?

No one is saying that your opinion is invalid. You just originally explained your reasoning in an unclear fashion. At this point, if I'm understanding you, you're simply opposed to any threads receiving recognition. No problem.

-- Joanna