• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fantastic four 587- with Hickman signature

13 posts in this topic

Question,..there are a limited # of this poly-bag 1st print Fantastic four 587 with the writer Jonhathan Hickman's signature in silver (middle right of 4)- if this was submitted to the CGC, would it be given a blue label or green..would it need to be submitted, partially in the poly-bag..to be given a blue label...

108814.jpg.30c779bf838e6c20519128fbe9e80b62.jpg

Question,..there are a limited # of this poly-bag 1st print Fantastic four 587 with the writer Jonhathan Hickman's signature in silver (middle right of 4)- if this was submitted to the CGC, would it be given a blue label or green..would it need to be submitted, partially in the poly-bag..to be given a blue label...

It would get a Green label, with either "NAME WRITTEN ON COVER IN PEN" or "'JOHNATHAN HICKMAN' WRITTEN ON COVER IN PEN".

Not worth submitting, unless it's super-rare, in which case there MAY be some interest.

Green unless Marvel had some special arrangement with CGC to have a witness on hand to view the signings. Otherwise, CGC would have to change their rules and they've not done it for anyone else.

It would be worth grading if you are a completist and it gets recognized as a variant by CGC. IF CGC doesn't see it as a variant, then it will just be a green label amongst a thousand blues.

Is the signature really by hand, or is it printed?

As the logo is of different color and because it's written variant in the corner, there is no way to just sign a normal cover and say it's the variant. So for me the signature is just a part of the cover.

But I agree that all the Dynamite variant get green label even if they have variant cover.

But, anyway, A green label specify what is the defect so it would not be so bad.

If the book get a high value, I would prefer it green label 9.8 than raw.

If, by 'variant' you are referring to the signed ones, then I would say yes.

Wizard used to have signed 'Wizard Authentic' variants with special holograms on the front cover. These all get green labels.

Technically, If someone was moronic enough to buy cases of this poly-bagged nightmare ! He could go to town..and have CGC witness his Willy Wonka frenzy until a variant was un-bagged.!!!!!! :idea:

Nope.

A CGC representative (either a CAW or an employee) needs to be there to witness the actual signing for it to get a yellow label.

Technically, If someone was moronic enough to buy cases of this poly-bagged nightmare ! He could go to town..and have CGC witness his Willy Wonka frenzy until a variant was un-bagged.!!!!!! :idea:

Nope.

A CGC representative (either a CAW or an employee) needs to be there to witness the actual signing for it to get a yellow label.

What about if Hickman was there as well? :baiting:

Sad thing is this is the only cool variant because of the color change but from what I have been told all the variant like this one have a sig on it and only can be found 1 out of 130 ?? This really suck's I would have liked to find one without a sig and then go to a convention and get Hickman's signature with a witness from cgc then get the yellow lable !!!!!

Nope.

What about if Hickman was there as well? :baiting:

Nah, he didn't need to be there. I think he was out getting a coke.