• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1. PGM FF # 10 w/bck & front scans.

15 posts in this topic

Just noticed something else. I can't make out the top staple indicating it may be detached. Also, where the top staple should be looks likes some dried glue ?

took another look.

no glue.

and bck cover is detached from top staple /but front cover is attached. hm

Qualified?

Qualified because of the popped staple. It's possible that CGC will downgrade the popped staple as a flaw IF it is really still attached to the front cover. If you have any thoughts of submission I would not be opening that book up anymore as it may worsen the situation.

Knowing the staple situation I think the highest you can expect is maybe a 6.0 .

Naturally a higher grade if Qualified but you don't want that.

Qualified?

Qualified because of the popped staple. It's possible that CGC will downgrade the popped staple as a flaw IF it is really still attached to the front cover. If you have any thoughts of submission I would not be opening that book up anymore as it may worsen the situation.

Knowing the staple situation I think the highest you can expect is maybe a 6.0 .

Naturally a higher grade if Qualified but you don't want that.

(thumbs u

What he said lol

Just noticed something else. I can't make out the top staple indicating it may be detached. Also, where the top staple should be looks likes some dried glue ?

took another look.

no glue.

and bck cover is detached from top staple /but front cover is attached. hm

Not possible. The cover is either attached at the top staple or it isn't. From the lower staple placement (visible on the BC), it appears to be either missing or detached at the top staple. Nice book though. If there were no staple issues, I might say 7.0, but since thre are, I'm leaning towards a 5.0.

Just as an FYI, a completely detached cover typically would drop this book to a 3.0. :)