• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sgt. Fury #1 Club
2 2

123 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2017 at 2:15 PM, ThothAmon said:

(thumbsu 4K is about right. 

Turns out it went for $5k.  Impressive for what I'll call a "soft" 8.5 from the other guys.  Not sure it would get more than an 8.0 from CGC.  In any case, a solid price.

On 7/4/2017 at 2:25 PM, Drummy said:

Hi there!

The Boston Con is a good one, but the odds of finding the kind of Sgt. Fury #1 you're looking for will be pretty low.  I'd say look hard now, especially here at the Golden/Silver/Bronze Age selling forum and at the big guns' websites (see the "Silver Age Dealer" thread for links to folks like Metropolis, Highgradecomics.com, Greg Reece, Mr. Bedrock, Comiclink, Superworld Comics, Worldwide Comics, Harley Yee Comics, etc.).  

Ebay might have copies as well, but buying there can sometimes feel risky.  (Also, just FYI, a Con price would not be cheaper than a website's price...good dealers will quote the same price as their website, but some dealers will jack up the prices on books at a Con.)

All this reminded me that I never posted my copy here, acquired on the boards a few years back:

Good luck!

Dan

Sgt. Fury 1.jpg

Great comic and your "eclipse" icon is timely !