• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sgt. Fury #1 Club
2 2

123 posts in this topic

Real cool Fury books guys. I was looking at the CGC numbers for graded copies of Marvel Key books. Fury is at the bottom of the pile with 256 graded copies. I am know there is less demand for graded copies of that title...and if the price did go up alot...The raw copies may fly out of the woodwork to get graded. But, I was kinda surprised at the numbers. Here is the number of graded copies of the key books that are out there now.

X-Men #1 1570

Daredevil #1 1511

Amazing Spider Man #1 1452

Avengers #1 1209

AF #15 1095

TOS #39 822

FF #1 750

JIM #83 670

Hulk #1 563

TTA #27 310

SGT Fury #1 256

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

Real cool Fury books guys. I was looking at the CGC numbers for graded copies of Marvel Key books. Fury is at the bottom of the pile with 256 graded copies. I am know there is less demand for graded copies of that title...and if the price did go up alot...The raw copies may fly out of the woodwork to get graded. But, I was kinda surprised at the numbers. Here is the number of graded copies of the key books that are out there now.

X-Men #1 1570

Daredevil #1 1511

Avengers #1 1209

AF #15 1095

TOS #39 822

FF #1 750

JIM #83 670

Hulk #1 563

TTA #27 310

SGT Fury #1 256

I have got all 11 of these but only 3 slabbed.

The amount of raw copies out there must dwarf these figures.

What do you think ?

X-Men #1 1570

Daredevil #1 1511

Avengers #1 1209

AF #15 1095

TOS #39 822

FF #1 750

JIM #83 670

Hulk #1 563

TTA #27 310

SGT Fury #1 256

What do you think ?

I also have all 11...10 of them slabbed. My DD #1 is a raw junk copy...lol. I am sure there are a ton more raw copies out there...and the numbers should dwarf the slabbed stuff. But the prices on these pushes more and more people to slab the copies they do have....for resale or to have piece of mind that the copy they do own is a set grade (Since these have pretty much become investment type stuff now). Its pretty interesting to see just how many copies there are slabbed. I am kinda shocked that AF is not in the lead. Maybe its because there are many more copies of X-Men and DD out there? (shrug)

**Also these are just the universal graded numbers.

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

Don't forget that the numbers you are citing do not include CPR'd copies(and the cracked raw copies). The true number to some of these titles is significantly less. It is impossible to know the real number. My guess is there are only about 750 AF 15 universals out there.

I think Sgt. Fury is harder to find than other major keys except perhaps Hulk 1. I rarely see Sgt. Fury 1 in shops or even at cons....it's a tough book and is due for a value increase IMHO.

Edited by Mark 1

X-Men #1 1570

Daredevil #1 1511

Avengers #1 1209

AF #15 1095

TOS #39 822

FF #1 750

JIM #83 670

Hulk #1 563

TTA #27 310

SGT Fury #1 256

What do you think ?

I also have all 11...10 of them slabbed. My DD #1 is a raw junk copy...lol. I am sure there are a ton more raw copies out there...and the numbers should dwarf the slabbed stuff. But the prices on these pushes more and more people to slab the copies they do have....for resale or to have piece of mind that the copy they do own is a set grade (Since these have pretty much become investment type stuff now). Its pretty interesting to see just how many copies there are slabbed. I am kinda shocked that AF is not in the lead. Maybe its because there are many more copies of X-Men and DD out there? (shrug)

**Also these are just the universal graded numbers.

I think you are right about DD, I have a least 3 copies, 2 Sgt Furys and only 1 of everything else ( :o ) . I am going to have to get my act together. lol

Don't forget that the numbers you are citing do not include CPR'd copies(and the cracked raw copies). The true number to some of these titles is significantly less. It is impossible to know the real number. My guess is there are only about 750 AF 15 universals out there.

You think 350 people have cracked out AF #15? :screwy: I cant believe it would be that high. I would guess alot of people would not crack out this book...due to the very high cost and value. I am sure there are some people who crack the cases on all there books, and doing it to a low dollar book...who cares. You crack an AF #15...you lose the set grade....hence the value. And alot of people are only going to buy really big books slabbed. Lets start a poll....lol. Who here has cracked out an AF #15? I would be shocked it you find more then 10 people on here who have. But I could be wrong.

You think 350 people have cracked out AF #15? :screwy: I cant believe it would be that high. I would guess alot of people would not crack out this book...due to the very high cost and value. I am sure there are some people who crack the cases on all there books, and doing it to a low dollar book...who cares. You crack an AF #15...you lose the set grade....hence the value. And alot of people are only going to buy really big books slabbed. Lets start a poll....lol. Who here has cracked out an AF #15? I would be shocked it you find more then 10 people on here who have. But I could be wrong.

CPR in the hundreds is my point.. You think only 10 people have taken a shot at a bump? :insane:

CPR in the hundreds is my point.. You think only 10 people have taken a shot at a bump? :insane:

Right, I have also seen people take a shot at a bump (On a non AF #15) and after a press get a lower grade...Then have a breakdown and drop out of the hobby for awhile. There is nothing saying your going to get a higher grade. I still dont think the number is in the hundreds.

hello boys and girls - this is one of my favs, just because how hard it is to find in higher grade.....and based on the census, it smokes the other big silver books

SgtFury1cgc90fc.jpg

SgtFury1cgc70fc.jpg

Yeah both those books are really nice :applause:....What do you do for work? Rob banks? What am I doing wrong??? (shrug)

hello boys and girls - this is one of my favs, just because how hard it is to find in higher grade.....and based on the census, it smokes the other big silver books

SgtFury1cgc90fc.jpg

SgtFury1cgc70fc.jpg

Yeah both those books are really nice :applause:....What do you do for work? Rob banks? What am I doing wrong??? (shrug)

Tattoo Artist :):foryou: you know how much i LOVE your ink, brother!

I am in the consulting space and work very (very) hard! Pay is very good, but there are trade offs!

Edited by roulette44

Idk why but Sgt. Fury 1 is a book that I really have not felt the need to chase after. It is probably the lowest on the totem poll for me of Marvel SA Keys. Heck I would almost pick up a SC 22/4 before it. Not sure why just a personal preference really.

Still its a great book and that 9.0 looks sweet Joey. I was considering sending you a PM on the 7.0 but I cant let you take all my Heroes money a week before the con.