• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WWBN 32 on ebay - am I crazy?

19 posts in this topic

I'm sure someone from this board is bidding on this book - there are a lot of bids.

I just bid what I think is a good solid amount - $80 - and I see the book as Fine to Fine- for the record. The last gpa data on a sale for a 7 CGC'd is $77. I was immediately outbid.

I should walk away and either A) wait til the book cools off a bit, or B) keep looking, right? I shouldn't get into a bidding war on a book with a crease like that in the bottom right, correct?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350434588254

Looks like they had a higher maximum bid than you and that is why you were outbid immediately. Now, the guy that outbid you is a zero feedback bidder and only has bid on 4 items, but, 75% were with this buyer. Too early to tell if it is a shill or not. Could just be someone new to E-Bay.

Frankly, that huge (2in?) color breaking crease on the bottom right knocks it down to 5.5->6.0 on a good day. In agreement with DT, even though much of the rest presents well.

19s5d2.jpg

Few other potential defects, aside from few small ticks, bottom looks like it has some stuff going on and back bottom right looks like there is a gash or something. Seems so perfectly flat though, dare I say pressed flat?

Maybe get confirmation on can you grade my comic page. 2c

...ITS IN BEAUTIFUL(ALMOST LIKE NEW CONDITION)IT DOES HAVE A VERY SMALL CORNER CREASE...

The seller seems perfectly honest to me. He states the book is in almost like new condition with a very small corner crease.

I don't see any reason to doubt these statements. :makepoint:

Hi Everyone,

I just found this site, so I am glad to be here, as I have been collecting for 29 years. I viewed this book WWBN on EBay and I would like to offer the following:

1. This book is NOT a VF - that is an extreme stretch

2. The follwoing areas of the book where problems are found:

a. Obviously, the crease in the corner

b. Minor spine roll - especially at the 1/3 bottom

c. wear along the bottom of the book

d. a good amount of gloss is gone

e. condition of pages is unknown

I will place a 5.5 on it overall. I would definately wait on this book. The price it is now is not worth the bother. There is a cgc VF 8.5 copy up for sale now - it is not mine and I do not know the seller. You can search it and compare the two side by side.

Hope this helps!

Dday

Hi Everyone,

I just found this site, so I am glad to be here, as I have been collecting for 29 years. I viewed this book WWBN on EBay and I would like to offer the following:

1. This book is NOT a VF - that is an extreme stretch

2. The follwoing areas of the book where problems are found:

a. Obviously, the crease in the corner

b. Minor spine roll - especially at the 1/3 bottom

c. wear along the bottom of the book

d. a good amount of gloss is gone

e. condition of pages is unknown

I will place a 5.5 on it overall. I would definately wait on this book. The price it is now is not worth the bother. There is a cgc VF 8.5 copy up for sale now - it is not mine and I do not know the seller. You can search it and compare the two side by side.

Hope this helps!

Dday

Welcome to the boards! A lot of knowledgeable collectors here.