• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back after 2 years absence.

73 posts in this topic

I've been out of the hobby since '94- what have I missed?

I think that answer might take more than a paragraph or two (and I'm mostly kidding- I've been lurking here for a while).

:hi: WTTB.

I've been out of the hobby since '94- what have I missed?

I think that answer might take more than a paragraph or two (and I'm mostly kidding- I've been lurking here for a while).

Welcome Chump.

I have no clue where to start...........I would really appreciate a 2 year synopsis (2 paragraphs max) of the major important/material changes on what I have missed in the comic world since 2009. Thanks.

Hey! I remember you, has it been 2 years already? Damn time flies.

So, robojo33 is STILL a crook? He's got blue labels up on ebay.....

Yes, he's still a crook. Feel free to buy raw books from him and find out (thumbs u

Yes, I would suggest to buy a dozen or so. Then send them off to CGC and let us know the results. Oh wait, that was boston beer's job.

DR.X

Yes, he's still a crook. Feel free to buy raw books from him and find out (thumbs u

Yes, I would suggest to buy a dozen or so. Then send them off to CGC and let us know the results. Oh wait, that was boston beer's job.

DR.X

:roflmao:If I had 1K I would take my wife out for one Romantic evening. :luhv:

Of course it would be to justify me spending 6K at SDCC. :gossip: Sorry wrong thread doh!

DR.X

Some things just can’t be changed.

fail1vf2.jpg

So here is what I hear.

Greggy is still here. Wow

RoboJo is not in jail

Steve B works somewhere else.

Any of the oldtimers get banned. (I am from 03)

Pressing is ok.

PGX is still around.

Therefore I would ask the following. Given the depression.

How much have CGC 9.8's on the average dropped in value

Silver

Bronze

Modern

Cooper

What is future or current affect of IPAD on comic paper books

What age should I be buying now that I am back into comics. Why is Walking Dead such a great seller. What is the hottest trend right now.

Thanks JD

So here is what I hear.

Greggy is still here. Wow

RoboJo is not in jail

Steve B works somewhere else.

Any of the oldtimers get banned. (I am from 03)

Pressing is ok.

PGX is still around.

Silver

Bronze

Modern

Cooper

What is future or current affect of IPAD on comic paper books

What age should I be buying now that I am back into comics. Why is Walking Dead such a great seller. What is the hottest trend right now.

Thanks JD

Did the question mark cease to exist while you were away? :baiting:

Wow I am surprised I can't get any feedback on my question. Also I have an 08 member talking down to an 03 member. So respect for us OG's has disappeared as well in the last two years.

There was never any respect for us OG's

I will give it a try, and welcome back (thumbs u

So here is what I hear.

Greggy is still here. Wow if he wasn't here, the streets of Canada wouldn't be safe

RoboJo is not in jail and never will be, if scamming was illegal a lot more people would be in jail

Steve B works somewhere else. Heritage, but the ponytail is still working at CGC

Any of the oldtimers get banned. (I am from 03) It is hard to tell who is around and who isn't but I know of no one

Pressing is ok. not true, but a certain group of people would like you to believe that actually this comment is not correct, pressing is fine, just some people don't like it and some people think it is restoration and should be disclosed

PGX is still around. Yep, but if Taco Bell can stay around PGX has some hope

Silver keys are flat to up some, common are down, in some case 50% lower or more

Bronze down 50%+

Modern not sure, but I hear you should crack them before burning in the fireplace

Copper down a ton, only worth grading if minimum of 9.8. Some dude spent over $12k on a New Mutants issue so sanity still has not reached everyone

What is future or current affect of IPAD on comic paper books I have two iPads for a family of 3. We use them daily. It will take some time, but the writing is on the wall.

What age should I be buying now that I am back into comics. buy what you like is even more important, and try to keep how much you spend down. It is hard to say where the market is heading

Why is Walking Dead such a great seller. What is the hottest trend right now. Zombies are the current replacement for Vampires. Vampires are so out and Zombies are so in. Not sure for how long, but thats what all the kids like, Zombies and Justin Bieber. I think Roy is even considering getting a Bieber haircut :o

Thanks JD