• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back after 2 years absence.

73 posts in this topic

"Respect is earned, it doesn't come with age.

I get no respect, why should you " previous post from

Comicopallofus

I don't remember the boards allowing UK chatters. Must be a new diversity thing.

Also be careful who you talk down too. You have no idea who I am who I know and the people they know.

Also you probably get no respect because you are a newbie. Lastly OG means Old Gangsta. Chat Boys 03 and before. We normally don't post back to newbies after 04. Bosco is the only exception............He has earned everybody's respect with his collections.................and ability to overcome carpal tunnel with the two bad habits he has.

Luxx? Is that you?

It is not Luxx. I've actually known Joe for about 2 years now (feels like a prison sentence). He just has OG disease.

:ohnoez:

Plus, he likes dishing out the fun, and is overjoyed to be back.

lol

Comicopallofus

I don't remember the boards allowing UK chatters. Must be a new diversity thing.

Also be careful who you talk down too. You have no idea who I am who I know and the people they know.

Also you probably get no respect because you are a newbie. Lastly OG means Old Gangsta. Chat Boys 03 and before. We normally don't post back to newbies after 04. Bosco is the only exception............He has earned everybody's respect with his collections.................and ability to overcome carpal tunnel with the two bad habits he has.

Luxx? Is that you?

It is not Luxx. I've actually known Joe for about 2 years now (feels like a prison sentence). He just has OG disease.

lol

Maybe you should remind him he has pending obligations in the Sale forum.

Well, I thought that this guy was a jerk when he was posting in this "comeback thread" and this confirms it. meh

Comicopallofus

Luxx? Is that you?

lol

Maybe you should remind him he has pending obligations in the Sale forum.

Thanks for quoting me on this, and making it my challenge to deal with. Maybe you should go PM Mike and find out I tried to step in already to help resolve this situation. Even provided him contact information to cut off problems between them.

Maybe you should be bringing this up in the Probation Thread, rather than going this route again. Maybe that would be the right thing to do.

(shrug)

Therefore I would ask the following. Given the depression.

How much have CGC 9.8's on the average dropped in value-

Silver- Still Strong. Hot books- AF15, SC22, BB28, JIM 83, Avengers 4.

Bronze - Weakening, Stong supply has hurt prices. Hulk 181, GL76 have softened

Modern- Same ole.

Cooper- yah, don't even mention it.

What is future or current affect of IPAD on comic paper books- TBD

What age should I be buying now that I am back into comics. Gold/Silver. Let Bronze come back to the pack.

Why is Walking Dead such a great seller. - Because DC/Marvel stink with the exception of Johns and Brubaker. Kirkman/Allard does what it takes to make a great comic. Great stories, great characters, unpredictable, great artwork, and it comes out on time. Do this and you get a following. WD 1 has a print run of 2k which makes it collectible and they are now in the 30-40K print runs. The trades are selling well so they continue to make progress in gaining readership and a new show does not hurt.

What is the hottest trend right now. Keys and Movies

Thanks JD

Overall, considering the economy and the amount of supply in auctions, I think the comic market has held up well. See above for specifics.

I have no clue where to start...........I would really appreciate a 2 year synopsis (2 paragraphs max) of the major important/material changes on what I have missed in the comic world since 2009. Thanks.

I would love to help you, but I just came back to collecting after, oh... 20 years or so.

Feel free to ask a lot of question in General. Every single person on this forum has grace and poise, and will be very patient with you.

Comicopallofus

With some people, there will be NO Respect no matter what your accomplishments are. The disrespecters I speak of pick a side that they want to be on, and woe to the other side, no matter how redeeming the other side may be.

Like some poker players I know, they stiff the dealers for years. Then when they are busted, can't get a job because they wasted their youth pretending to be the next Doyle Brunson, they all of a sudden decide to have me train them and then use my connections to get them a job. Those who know me at all know what my answer is to the wanna-be's...

CAL is the Old Cal today...the new CAL gets no respect anyway...

CAL is the Old Cal today...the new CAL gets no respect anyway...

I like the Cal from last week.

You know, the one that doesn't post. :baiting:

I'm great so long as I stay quiet?

What does that say about you, you with almost 15,000 posts?

CAL can bait too...