• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there CGC slabs that don't list page quality?

11 posts in this topic

I know I saw a boardie post one the other day with no PQ on it either. Just like everything else, quality control misses things every once in a while.

Someone else posted a GA sub mariner from 1941 the other day that was slabbed as the new sub mariner series from the 70's. Just looking at the cover, you would have to be almost brain dead not to realize it was a GA book but somehow it got missed. That was probably the worst CGC blunder Ive seen so far!

With the volume they do, they are gonna miss screwups sometimes.

The page quality appears to be missing on the slab in this Ebay auction--

http://cgi.ebay.com/CGC-9-0-AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-56-SILVER-AGE-MARVEL-COMICS-/360340258703?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e5f3ff8f

Any ideas what is going on here?

Regarding that listing,thats strange,BUT

CGC slabbed books for a few months in the last months of 1999 prior to the OFFICIAL opening in 2000.These were for dealers,i asume as a test product,or to see the new thing.

No page quality on any of these first books.If you search the label bar code # on those old label slabs,they will come up as a grade date late 1999.

This listing might have been a re-holder of one of these,or just an error?

(thumbs u

Yeah signatures are missed sometimes too, signature dates (thank goodness some artists put the year with their sigs), publishing dates, variant cover labels, & the grade sticker mismatch on the top of the slab too.

But they always get it fixed may take a while though.

I'm waiting for the purple/green universal blue label to pop up.

UXmen56NealAdams.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/CGC-9-0-AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-56-SILVER-AGE-MARVEL-COMICS-/360340258703?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e5f3ff8f

CGC slabbed books for a few months in the last months of 1999 prior to the OFFICIAL opening in 2000.These were for dealers,i asume as a test product,or to see the new thing.

No page quality on any of these first books.If you search the label bar code # on those old label slabs,they will come up as a grade date late 1999.

(thumbs u

I just looked up the cert and it was just graded on Sept 2010.

I have never seen this error on a new label CGC book.

It's actually pretty cool, almost like a variant !

(thumbs u

I just looked up the cert and it was just graded on Sept 2010.

I have never seen this error on a new label CGC book.

It's actually pretty cool, almost like a variant !

Yea,i saw that when i looked it up too.

This is definitely strange,as the Cert info has no page quality either,and would have asumed it at least would have had the PQ that was left off the label.

At final grade time,the PQ must not have been logged into the final grade assessment is the only thing that makes sense... (shrug)

Yes I had an IMSM # 1 CGC 9.0 that did not have the PQ... old style lable.

It DOES happen, but one out of the 4,000 or so slabs I have handled I wouldm call this extremely rare.

CAL looking for that CGC w/ missing PQ.

By the way, looking up the first one in this thread, even in the cert lookup it doesn't have the PQ listed.

Certification # 1011403014

Grade Date 09/07/2010

Title Amazing Spider-Man

Issue 56

Issue Date 1/68

Publisher Marvel Comics

Country

Variant

Pedigree

Category Universal

Grade 9.0

Page Quality

Grade Text

Art Comments Stan Lee story

John Romita and Mike Esposito art

John Romita cover

Key Comments 1st appearance of Captain George Stacy.

Doctor Octopus appearance.

Issue Year 1968

By the way, looking up the first one in this thread, even in the cert lookup it doesn't have the PQ listed.

Certification # 1011403014

Grade Date 09/07/2010

Title Amazing Spider-Man

Issue 56

Issue Date 1/68

Publisher Marvel Comics

Country

Variant

Pedigree

Category Universal

Grade 9.0

Page Quality

Grade Text

Art Comments Stan Lee story

John Romita and Mike Esposito art

John Romita cover

Key Comments 1st appearance of Captain George Stacy.

Doctor Octopus appearance.

Issue Year 1968

2 posts above you :makepoint:

lol