• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Tomb of Dracula #1 ... not a contest.

20 posts in this topic

My first question would be the top staple and the slight bend... do you think there would be a deduction for that?

As for the spine... there are no noticable 'ticks'.

Sharp corners.

(And the mark through the title is actually on the slab.)

Are you going to tell us what the grade is? :popcorn:

Just look it up . . . :makepoint:

Does CGC allow you to look up the reference #s which appear on the case? ???

If the answer is yes ........ :slapfight:

Are you going to tell us what the grade is? :popcorn:

Just look it up . . . :makepoint:

I have no idea how to do that? (shrug)

Geez, do I have to do everything around here? :baiting:

CERTIFICATION NUMBER LOOK UP

Certification # 0165780002

Grade Date 04/01/2010

Title Tomb of Dracula

Issue 1

Issue Date 4/72

Publisher Marvel Comics

Country

Variant

Pedigree

Category Universal

Grade 9.0

Page Quality WHITE

Grade Text

Art Comments Gerry Conway story

Gene Colan art

Neal Adams cover

Key Comments 1st appearance of Dracula

Frank Drake and Clifton Graves.

Issue Year 1972

:gossip: Btw, this is how certain members (who shall remain unamed) won (or out--performed others) in some of the historical grading contests . . . not to besmirch those who won on their own merit. ;)

Yeah, it's a 9.0.

Based on the FC I'm seeing a 9.4 / 9.6...

The 3 graders put this book at:

8.5/9.0/9.0

The back of the book has what they called 'small sticker spots' on the top, bottom and side.

I'm thinking there's nothing that can be done to that without introducing some type of solvent.

Aside from the miswrap, it's really a sharp copy!

Here's the back and thanks for the comments and guesses! :)

tod1-150bk.jpg

I'm surprised it got a 9.0 with that corner crunch AND the sticker residue. Must be a very sharp book otherwise! (thumbs u

Exactly why I thought 8.0 ,but I thought to myself why would Hibou ask us about a graded book unless he was totally surprised at the grade given.I saw rounded corners at the spine or what I thought were rounded corners,and he did'nt have the back scanned.So I thought maybe there was something wrong with the back cover? (shrug)

I'm surprised it got a 9.0 with that corner crunch AND the sticker residue. Must be a very sharp book otherwise! (thumbs u

Exactly why I thought 8.0 ,but I thought to myself why would Hibou ask us about a graded book unless he was totally surprised at the grade given.I saw rounded corners at the spine or what I thought were rounded corners,and he did'nt have the back scanned.So I thought maybe there was something wrong with the back cover? (shrug)

Backpedaling? :baiting: The corner crunch is only (really) visible on the BC scan ;)

Backpedaling? :baiting: The corner crunch is only (really) visible on the BC scan ;)

Whateva' meh