• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RUBINSTEIN Commission !!! 2 days before the end of my ultimatum

115 posts in this topic

On the other hand, I'm coming up on 365 days waiting for Bill Sienkiewicz...which will be 335 more than estimated.

You'll probably never see it.... :whistle:

Sienkiewicz is another artist with very long waiting list and awful communication. In the line of Rubinstein, or worse...

But does he actually not come through?

Here's the infamous Bill S commission

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/showthread.php?30181-Bill-Sienkiewicz-And-The-Troll

I also gave Bill money upfront for a con sketch, and it took prodding from myself and others before he came through, much later. My biggest issue was that by the time he was ready to hand over a finished piece, he said it would cost more, because he had put more time into it.

sent on 27/01/11 :

Hello Joe

So are we in Heaven yet ?

Romain

ps : I've bee called a rude person by Spencer Beck while sending him a SOS

regarding our situation and I have to say I didn't like it at all ... so

that won't help me keeping cool about this mutual Hell to use your words ...

4 of February is my birth date so that will be my ABSOLUTE deadline before I

transform this commission issue to a quest for justice !!!!

sent on 07/12/10 :

Cool to be the boss !!!!

Still I really want you to feel comfortable to make it your way as much as

mine !!! You're the artist here and I know I'll like what you'll get out as

I like your work !!!

If you feel bigger heads are much better than the small ones then please

follow your instinct !

You sound like the art is about to happen ...many thanks again,

Romain

sent on 07/09/10:I would gladly accept the Silver Surfer #1colored piece on your CAF ...

Still what matters to me is getting it done and in the best way possible and

not my frustration so don't feel obliged to offer me extra art ...please

make my commission worth the wait and I'll be happy ...

PLEASE keep me updated !!

Best,

Romain

Hi Joe !!!

Did you get my mail ?

I never received the pics or scan of the work ...

Is it done ?

Please tell me it is done and please allow me to check it out before I do

what I dreadly threatened you to do !!!!

At least, hit me back with an email !!!

best,

Romain

sent on 28/06/10 :

Joe you leave me no choice but to threaten you !!!

If I don't see the commission on pics BEFORE my return from vacations ( 01 /

09 / 10, NO EXCEPTION !!! ) I'll expose you on the CAF community, on Ebay,

on Heritage and on the french and UK market network .....

Also should the piece not be perfect as it was meant to be, know that

everybody on CAF will see the work and will be free to comment, so if you

don't intend to do it well for me at least do it for your own sake !

A simple check and you'll see my popularity as a collector !

I was a genuine fan of yours for 25 years already, now my collector friends

call me stupid !!! How bad is that ?

I know you still actively hunt for commission work, I know I'm not the only

one feeling deceived and I'm ready to join the attorney ...

If you don't want to do the piece refund me AT ONCE and we'll be done ( I

could even ask for more than the $1200 I sent you !!!!! )

If you don't refund me now then you must comply to the text above.

Sorry we be in too deep.........

Regards,

Romain Verlier

sent on 31/03/10:

Hi Joe !

Havn't heard from you since my last email ...

Hope everything is cool for you !

Do you have an idea as when I can expect the comission masterpiece I crave so dearly for ???

Best wishes,

Romain

sent on 13/01/10 :

No problemo Joe !!!

I just change my reminders to have more fun while I'm waiting on the precious commission piece but as I always said I'm the most patient guy out there for I hope the more I wait the more beautiful it will be !!!!

Best wishes for 2010 !!!!

Romain

ps : could you tell me who owns the Black Panther Kirby cover you inked ( #12 I think ? )

ps2 : I failed to buy those Venom, Spidey and Wolverine / Black Cat on ebay last time ... those were great pieces !!!

ps3 : please hold the Surfer for me !

sent on 11/12/09 :

Hello Joe !

I'm writing to remind you of the double cover cosmic commission you're supposed to do for me...

Best wishes,

Romain

sent on 08/10/09 :

Joe your last message was sent on May ...

Thanks to keep me updated,

Best regards,

Romain

ps : in case you havn't done the commission yet, please don't make it quick

I'd rather wait on for more and get a masterpiece than getting a commission

you had to get rid of...

In fact I have no problem as long as you keep me updated...

Also I'd love to see the process to the art if you can gather any materials

like pics or prelims !

All the best,

Romain

sent on : 02/10/09

Dear Joe,

I'm wondering if you lost my address or you forgot or you're still too busy but I'd like to hear about my super comission piece ...please

Romain

sent on 12/03/10 :

Hi Joe !

Friendly reminder for the commission... I wanted to let you know I did

update my MsMarvel cover on my CAF, you did great by leaving the comment and

fixing my mixed up infos !!!! BTW, should you desire to add this cover to

your work collection on CAF feel free to use my scan at your best

convenience !

Best,

Romain

sent on 02/03/10 :

No problemo Joe ! It was just another friendly reminder ... you know I try

to change my reminders to make it simply more fun !!!

Do my masterpiece at your best convenience and don't worry about your honor

which is not questionned !

All the best,

Romain

ps : I'm sorry if I don't remind you too often, I keep on forgetting each

time i say to myself hey I need to send a message to Joe !!! And I'm quite

busy myself...

ps2 : you're an icon to me so the honor is all mine, I don't care to wait as

long as you don't forget I offered you more than asked to get the best out

of your incredible skills !

sent on 02/03/10 :

Hi Joe !

I'm sorry to say we've come this far : my wife doesn't believe you will send me the comission piece anymore !!!!

Please help me to prove her wrong !!!!

best regards,

Romain

I have of course tons of mails and this is just a sample here to show how bad my communications problems be !!

I won't post Joe's replies but I'll let you figure the tons of promises leading to false expectations of delivery and excuses for unexpected delays ... Also the one where he says the SS piece is MINE ...Or the mails he doesn't even reply to like the one where I mention the piece Kirk got while I was waiting on for mine ( half part of my commission fully paid for )

Please note I didn't receive any mails from Joe regarding the thread but one mail where he offers me pages in addition to my supposed commission through a link that DOES'NT work ( actually a response to the beginning of the thread, 1day before the end of the ultimatum )....He wouldn't speak either on the board ............

I think I lost too much money and far more time on this sick transaction so I guess I'll have to let it go !

:boo::boo::boo:

On the other hand, I'm coming up on 365 days waiting for Bill Sienkiewicz...which will be 335 more than estimated.

You'll probably never see it.... :whistle:

Sienkiewicz is another artist with very long waiting list and awful communication. In the line of Rubinstein, or worse...

But does he actually not come through?

After almost 15 months of emails back and forth (more forth from me than back from Sienkiewicz), I got word yesterday that he'd just about finished my Flash vs. Mirror Master, that he'd done more than a sketch (to compensate for the delay I suppose), but that shipping would have to wait until he returns from Motor City.

Strangely, I'm not feeling horribly impatient. I'm getting the thing for myself with no plans ever to sell it. So if it's going to be mine for 50 years or whatever, who cares if I have to wait another couple weeks few to get it?

There's a big difference between slacking off and just having no intention to come through. So far Bill seems to be the former, so taking him at his word, I'm pretty psyched!

I wonder if Romain ever got his commissioned artwork?

Actually having met Romain, he is a genuinely nice guy, I suspect his email style is full of gallic exuberance and perhaps a glass of red wine, but I'm not one to talk, I was pished out of my head when I met Romain and probably loud and unpleasant when we met.

Actually having met Romain, he is a genuinely nice guy, I suspect his email style is full of gallic exuberance and perhaps a glass of red wine, but I'm not one to talk, I was pished out of my head when I met Romain and probably loud and unpleasant when we met.

Thanks man !!!! I hope we'll meet soon again !!!! :headbang:

Actually I accepted Joe's private apologies and well am still waiting ...

Never had any contact with S.Beck whatsoever and I didn't accept Joe's offer of Starlin art ...All I asked for was my commission piece, he said he will do it ...I personnally won't ask anymore but I'll be answering on the thread from time to time hoping to put an happy end to it ..

:taptaptap:

I've learned three things from reading this thread.

1. I have way to much time on my hands.

2. Don't do business with J.R.

3. Most OA collectors are out of their #%*$ing minds.

lol

Ah OG with the quotable. Honestly I know many here engage in commissions on a regular basis and I enjoy seeing them, especially like some of the themes (trophy case, one minute later etc). Having said all that, and the boardies that know me know I'm a very affable guy, but if I gave someone 1K and they took a year (never mind 3 years) and hadn't delivered - I have to tell you it would be either option A - you give me my money back ASAP, or option B - you will be hearing from my legal representative ASAP. The business ethics here are just appalling and I guess if those types of delays are accepted norms then I'm probably not going to get any commissions.

I will say that I've had con sketches from Cary Nord, Tom Yeates, Kaluta and Sergio go well.

I've got maybe 50 commissions, and two of them resulted in extended delays, with Sienkiewicz being the only really egregious one.

Only 2? Damn you are lucky. I would love to have that kind of on time record. It's been more the exception then the rule for me.

You probably have cooler stuff than I. Aside from those two, I've never really waited longer than expected.

You know who rocks? Al Plastino. That fellow gets his work done in no time, and it looks great.

Thanks man !!!! I hope we'll meet soon again !!!! :headbang:

Actually I accepted Joe's private apologies and well am still waiting ...

Never had any contact with S.Beck whatsoever and I didn't accept Joe's offer of Starlin art ...All I asked for was my commission piece, he said he will do it ...I personnally won't ask anymore but I'll be answering on the thread from time to time hoping to put an happy end to it ..

:taptaptap:

so, you mean that even after all of this, you STILL do not have your commission?