• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has this ever happened to anyone else ?...

7 posts in this topic

I am lurking on Comic Link and see this book soon after it's listed

Detective 66

It's an important book in the Batman universe and with white pages, I was all over it !...I place the buy order for the asking price, then a week goes by and I never hear anything....I look under my account and it shows I don't have a sale pending and that the book is still available.

Now, I know it has nothing to do with Comic Link, it's up to the seller to acknowledge and accept the buy order....But I just think it's odd that I hit the BIN soon after the book was listed and was met with silence from the consigner...

I was wondering, has it happened to others ? - I haven't bought alot from CL, but it's the first time it's happened.....Weird.....

Yep, it is frustrating - but now it is mostly just silly.

I have "purchased" the same copy of Military #5 CGC 3.0 at least a dozen times. I add it to my cart - sometimes on its own, sometimes with other books. I have placed a bid of $1 below asking price only to have it rejected and I have e-mailed and called ComicLink to check on its availability. On one occassion they told me it was no longer available, on all the other occassions it is just as if I never placed the order or contacted them and it disappears as you described. This has been going on for about two years now and it is still listed.

I am lurking on Comic Link and see this book soon after it's listed

Detective 66

It's an important book in the Batman universe and with white pages, I was all over it !...I place the buy order for the asking price, then a week goes by and I never hear anything....I look under my account and it shows I don't have a sale pending and that the book is still available.

Now, I know it has nothing to do with Comic Link, it's up to the seller to acknowledge and accept the buy order....But I just think it's odd that I hit the BIN soon after the book was listed and was met with silence from the consigner...

I was wondering, has it happened to others ? - I haven't bought alot from CL, but it's the first time it's happened.....Weird.....

PM Sent

Yep, it is frustrating - but now it is mostly just silly.

I have "purchased" the same copy of Military #5 CGC 3.0 at least a dozen times. I add it to my cart - sometimes on its own, sometimes with other books. I have placed a bid of $1 below asking price only to have it rejected and I have e-mailed and called ComicLink to check on its availability. On one occassion they told me it was no longer available, on all the other occassions it is just as if I never placed the order or contacted them and it disappears as you described. This has been going on for about two years now and it is still listed.

PM Sent