• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shady Ebay sellers question and my first post

65 posts in this topic

I'm actually sadly dismayed at the self rightous pomposity of a few on here.

Then you might want to prepare yourself for a lot of dismay, pissmeister.

WTTB.

(thumbs u

Assuming a grey area of righteousness might be considered pompous. hm

I'm actually sadly dismayed at the self rightous pomposity of a few on here.

No statement could be further from the truth. People have helped me here for no gain of thier own. They have instructed me and given me information I have no right to have with so little experience.

I like how this community works on honor and karma. They had no reason to trust me when I first came here and started selling books but they have. And I trust them the same.

I'm actually sadly dismayed at the self rightous pomposity of a few on here. So of note, I tried very hard to make this deal right and if I wasn't wise, I would've gotten stalled out of a refund. I offered the card back to the seller or to ship it to the other buyer, but all I got were veiled threats or silence. Soon after, 2 other neg FB's appeared for receipt of wrong merchandise and his account closed. The other buyers did not purchase sports cards, so I couldn't back track it that way. Eventually, for all the hassle, I said screw it. For all I know the card could be a fake. I took it to a local card store and said it looked real, but who knows. Do I feel bad about not returning the card to a criminal who tried to rip me off. No I don't. I was as nice as I could be and I gave him the benefit of the doubt enough for all his excuses and still he failed to be an honest person. And paypal was the mediator so it was at their discretion where I ship it to (them or seller etc).

So doctor wyoming, when I was in med school there about 130 of us who were friends and helped each other out and about 10 jerks who tried to hide books and screw other people over. I'm betting I know which group you were in. But please feel free to judge and cast your aspersions my way.

Brian, we've met before. I'm glad to have someone here who has had their finger in as many buttholes as I have.

That being said, you've gotta be pretty thick skinned around here. Just roll with the punches.

My last effort to stand my ground on this one. Nothing illegal about what I did and the rediculousness of a few responses is still astounding.

So, my understanding of the law is that if paypal acts a mediator for the 2 parties and since we used paypal, then we have legally agreed for that mediation and the subsequent decision as part of the user agreement. They decided on a full refund and no return after their investigation. So be it. Even though I offered to send it to the "other buyer" the seller never even asked for the card back andf refused to give me the other address.

Definitely think I should be thrown in the lot of scam artists since I actually won against the bad guy (eyes roll). Or maybe the people who are bagging on me are other scam artists and they don't like the good guy to win. Or maybe these naysayers holy water and fart pixie dust. Just sayin'...