• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shady Ebay sellers question and my first post

65 posts in this topic

ebay is his pimp

And yet we all can ask ourselves as to WHY?????!!!!! :frustrated: If the Law of Contracts truly applied, how could his totally fraudulent sales be allowed? :mad: If ebay allows this sort of crud to continue, well the, ebay should be avoided at all costs don't you think? ZERO TRUST

Well, if eBay received a slew of complaints from ripped off eBay buyers, you would think they would suspend him.

From what another forum member says in this thread, he quickly refunds the money in exchange for a positive remark. That's extortion in my book. :mad:

He also trolls the ebay boards reporting anyone who mentions his name and has the thread removed. He has reported Stu so many times I think Ebay's Mods know him on a first name basis.

Funny you should say that. I will post his email reply and post my reply here since he's trolling... And for the question about keep the card. The guy sent me a 500$ (educated guess) jim thorpe football card "by accident." Paypal said not to send it back and then issues me a full refund. BONUS.

since the card was sent to you by accident, who is paypal to tell you to keep it? perhaps it was a mix up and your item went somewhere and that card belongs to somebody else. publicly you admit you have it and its not yours, it is also noted who the rightful owner is. i'm sure everyone here will be taking notes when and IF they sell to you, that you don't get any bonuses. hm karma? hm

Here's the trolling reply...Hi Brian, you and I did business together. I missed the color touch. If you notice, I have comics on eBay that I list restoration (color touch, trimming, etc.) I missed yours and I am sorry for that. You said it yourself that it was very subtle. I don't pick and choose which comics to list restoration on them, when I see the restoration, I will make note of it in the auction's description. It is unacceptable that you have posted my information on the CGC chat boards. That is private between a buyer and a seller. I'm going to ask you kindly to remove that information you posted. I will also be contacting CGC to inform them of your post and have it removed. Again, please remove that information from the chat boards.

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 10:35 PM, brian parnes wrote:

BB123 (Mrs Yeganyan),

Heres a high res scan of the comic. The bottom left corner building shouldn't be colored in. The areas with bleed through have arrows. Theres also a small spot on the right with light color touch that bled through to page one. I cant scan page 1 so I have those pics on my phone and can picture message them to you. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news as I do like the presentation of the comic and whoever did it, didnt really need to. Its very subtle, but the marker ink can be seen on the first page matching up with those spots.

Regards,

Brian

I lied. Yes I did. The color touch was blatant and obvious. So obvious, that my girlfriend was able to spot it in under 60 seconds. And she doesn't know a comic book from a bicycle tire. So why should she ask me why the corner building is colored in.. But you had my $2000 and I wanted my money back so I decided not to belittle you or call you out. Its a clever game. Sell a few lower priced books and list the defects and then hope to score on a high dollar book and make 1500$. If I was a criminal thats what I'd do. I'd even have a few legit high dollar items to pass as honest. As far as listing an address. Legally, you are an independant business owner and the implied consent to me is that your business address is as fair game as if you posted it in the yellow pages. Unless you specifically asked me not to list it before we do business, there is no implied reason to conceal it and I have no obligation to you to do so. You burner cell number that you gave me is also fair game. Now as far as calling it "doing business." You attempted to defraud me. You got caught. I played dumb. You played honest mistake. I got my money back. You are running a scam and I am not indebted to you for refunding me the money. Even if you aren't cdpaoli etc it doesn't matter because you tried to deceive me, And if by chance you are some honest schmo who made a mistake, you still deserve a wake up call for being a bozo at detecting restoration.

So for everyone else who is curious how he operates. As soon as this guy got my money, his emails became very taciturn and he never answered half of the questions I asked. He did reply and not in an unreasonable time frame, but he wasn't friendly and he wasn't rude. He did also completely falsify the amount he insured the book for. I discovered this when I went to return the book and my shipping was going to be triple his cost. He made no attempt to really apologize and that last email is vaguely threatening. The fact that he can be tracked back to these other aliases is just too suspicious. I have sold stuff on ebay and probably none have you have ever really heard of me. There's a reason his ID came up as fradulant.

-Brian

Actually junk I asked the seller for the address to send the cards to the other buyer and he refused to tell it to me. SO please refrain from inpugning my integrity.

Why not return the card to the seller when your PayPal refund went through?

Actually junk I asked the seller for the address to send the cards to the other buyer and he refused to tell it to me. SO please refrain from inpugning my integrity.

I'm gonna bet you didn't exactly go out of your way to return the card.... it seems that some of the people who use these boards to complain about bad sellers often have similar morals....

I'm actually sadly dismayed at the self rightous pomposity of a few on here. So of note, I tried very hard to make this deal right and if I wasn't wise, I would've gotten stalled out of a refund. I offered the card back to the seller or to ship it to the other buyer, but all I got were veiled threats or silence. Soon after, 2 other neg FB's appeared for receipt of wrong merchandise and his account closed. The other buyers did not purchase sports cards, so I couldn't back track it that way. Eventually, for all the hassle, I said screw it. For all I know the card could be a fake. I took it to a local card store and said it looked real, but who knows. Do I feel bad about not returning the card to a criminal who tried to rip me off. No I don't. I was as nice as I could be and I gave him the benefit of the doubt enough for all his excuses and still he failed to be an honest person. And paypal was the mediator so it was at their discretion where I ship it to (them or seller etc).

So doctor wyoming, when I was in med school there about 130 of us who were friends and helped each other out and about 10 jerks who tried to hide books and screw other people over. I'm betting I know which group you were in. But please feel free to judge and cast your aspersions my way.

I'm actually sadly dismayed at the self rightous pomposity of a few on here.

Then you might want to prepare yourself for a lot of dismay, pissmeister.

WTTB.

theft = "the dishonest taking of property belonging to another person with the intention of depriving the owner permanently of its possession"

regardless if the card was sent on accident or not, you are in possession of another's property, with no intention of returning it. I have no idea of the value of the card, but this could easily be defined as FELONY theft if it's over the limit in the seller's/buyer's state:

Felony theft limits by state

I'm actually sadly dismayed at the self rightous pomposity of a few on here.

Then you might want to prepare yourself for a lot of dismay, pissmeister.

WTTB.

Was he the brew master for Meister Brau?

DR.X