• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KC Comicon... because we really NEEDED another thread about it.

11 posts in this topic

Is anyone going on Saturday? Come on, I know there are at least TWO other Kansas Citians out there! WHO'S GOING TO REPRESENT THE FORUM IN KC??!?!?!?!

We should have a miniature Forum Dinner in the 12'x12' convention center "commissary"! The nacho cheese will flow like wine!

Ah, my first Saturday off in a year and I'm going to waste it spending money with a bunch of sweaty, overweight, costume-wearing dorks. cloud9.gif

I'm there. Its the only convention in the area that's worth attending. I'm really looking forward to shelling out $12 so the Playboy Playmates can stand around and look bored (does that really bring in the crowds?). I'm still debating what to look for and pick up this year. So many books, limited resources...

Is anyone going on Saturday? Come on, I know there are at least TWO other Kansas Citians out there! WHO'S GOING TO REPRESENT THE FORUM IN KC??!?!?!?!

We should have a miniature Forum Dinner in the 12'x12' convention center "commissary"! The nacho cheese will flow like wine!

Ah, my first Saturday off in a year and I'm going to waste it spending money with a bunch of sweaty, overweight, costume-wearing dorks. cloud9.gif

I will be there sometime Saturday. I never been to this show before and, frankly, I don't really have high expectations as far as comics are concerned. But if that Dale Roberts guy who I met in Orlando will be there, he has some great books.

Plus I have some stuff I want to drop off at CGC. Supposedly they'll be taking submissions there. Not sure who'll be representing them.

The guest list seems to have as many strippers, wrestlers, and B-grade actors than actual comic people. And unless the 'Party at cd's house!!!" line actually works on the strippers, I probably won't spend much time there. I'll try and wear a name badge or something, so if you see me, gimme a holler!

I'll be there as well, representing CGC, answering questions, taking submissions at the CGC booth. I look forward to seeing everybody.

...oh yeah, I'll also be oogling the Playboy models. smirk.gif

Oh, great! We can have a forum dinner at J. Alexanders and Jerry will pick up the tab for CGC!!! Ya gotta love those guys!! thumbsup2.gif

I'll be there as well, representing CGC, answering questions, taking submissions at the CGC booth. I look forward to seeing everybody.

...oh yeah, I'll also be oogling the Playboy models. smirk.gif

Really? Some CGC-Love for KC? I hope you're tucked back in the back with the Bunnies! If you are, you can expect an extended visit from yours truly. wink.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I will be there sometime Saturday. I never been to this show before and, frankly, I don't really have high expectations as far as comics are concerned. But if that Dale Roberts guy who I met in Orlando will be there, he has some great books.

Plus I have some stuff I want to drop off at CGC. Supposedly they'll be taking submissions there. Not sure who'll be representing them.

The guest list seems to have as many strippers, wrestlers, and B-grade actors than actual comic people. And unless the 'Party at cd's house!!!" line actually works on the strippers, I probably won't spend much time there. I'll try and wear a name badge or something, so if you see me, gimme a holler!

There's usually one or two dealers with some outstanding stuff (at least on the DC side... don't pay much attention to the Marvels)... other than that, it's a total flea market.

How about sometime around 2pm, I just jump up on the nearest table and scream:

"I AM THE DARK LORD KHAOS! WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE, YOU BLOATED, PUSTULENT PIGS!!!!"

I'd be much more identifiable that way. Or maybe I'll slap on a nametag... whichever.

And the J. Alexander's idea sounds great! Golly! Thanks, CGC! thumbsup2.giftongue.gif

(edited for emphasis.)

I'm there. Its the only convention in the area that's worth attending. I'm really looking forward to shelling out $12 so the Playboy Playmates can stand around and look bored (does that really bring in the crowds?). I'm still debating what to look for and pick up this year. So many books, limited resources...

Playmates????? devil.gifcool.gifooo.gifsmile.gif

"I AM THE DARK LORD KHAOS! WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE, YOU BLOATED, PUSTULENT PIGS!!!!"

I'd be much more identifiable that way. Or maybe I'll slap on a nametag... whichever.

And the J. Alexander's idea sounds great! Golly! Thanks, CGC! thumbsup2.giftongue.gif

(edited for emphasis.)

That would be a sign-funnypost.gif if I didn't totally believe you're going to do that!

(edited for emphasis.)

That would be a sign-funnypost.gif if I didn't totally believe you're going to do that!

devil.gif I'm already plotting my positioning... Motor City usually has a nice centralized location... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just keep an eye out for the guy with the dwarf on the chain. I'm the taller one (admittedly, at 4'8", not by much, but I am). Oh, and it's not a leash. I wear the dwarf around my neck.

I will be there today, goign to be there right at 10 till about noon. I got to get home and get some sleep since I have to work tonight. My phone is dead, but my wife's phone should be on...816-786-0817 ask for Paul. If anyone is going to be there in the morning and want to meet up.