• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In need of some advice on a cgc book i just purchased....

23 posts in this topic

i recently won an auction from comiclink for an 8.0 ow/w copy of tos 52 and i received the book today. The book doesn't look bad, just has a few spine ticks and what not, i see no reason why it wouldn't be an 8.0. The thing that bothers me is that on the top of the case where the sticker says the name of the book and the grade it reads:

Tales of Suspense #53 7.0

Im not looking to crack the case and I like displaying my cgc books where i can read the top of the label. would it be wrong for me to want this to be sent back to cgc to get put in a new case? has this happened to anyone before? advice please on what i can do about this or what i should expect.

i recently won an auction from comiclink for an 8.0 ow/w copy of tos 52 and i received the book today. The book doesn't look bad, just has a few spine ticks and what not, i see no reason why it wouldn't be an 8.0. The thing that bothers me is that on the top of the case where the sticker says the name of the book and the grade it reads:

Tales of Suspense #53 7.0

Im not looking to crack the case and I like displaying my cgc books where i can read the top of the label. would it be wrong for me to want this to be sent back to cgc to get put in a new case? has this happened to anyone before? advice please on what i can do about this or what i should expect.

I have had a bunch of them come back with wrong top stickers. I cross out the wrong information and write in the correct information. Pretty low tech, but it doesn't cost anything.

Those stickers on top fall off very easily. I bet someone, other than CGC, simply put it back on the wrong book. Just take it off if it bothers you. I have never sent a book back for reholdering of the top sticker. It doesn't seem to be worth the effort or expense.

Those stickers on top fall off very easily. I bet someone, other than CGC, simply put it back on the wrong book. Just take it off if it bothers you. I have never sent a book back for reholdering of the top sticker. It doesn't seem to be worth the effort or expense.

well if they fall off i just glue them back on but i like the original label to be correct...

So if by top label you mean the skinny sticker that goes across the top of the slab -- maybe a photograph of the current label and the slab might be proof enough* to have the CGC print you off a new label. :wishluck:

*I can't think of a way that the top label could be misused by anyone. (shrug)

So if by top label you mean the skinny sticker that goes across the top of the slab -- maybe a photograph of the current label and the slab might be proof enough* to have the CGC print you off a new label. :wishluck:

They won't do it. I asked. I have had errors on the top labels more than once.

Yep, same here - if a top sticker falls off, you'll need to pay the regular re-holder fee to get it fixed.

Yep, same here - if a top sticker falls off, you'll need to pay the regular re-holder fee to get it fixed.

I had about half a dozen SS submissions come back at the same time, all with the wrong sticker on top. I called and customer service said I could

A) Send them in and they'd correct them at no charge

B) If I was going to be at a show where they were setting up they would print off new labels and fix it on site

I opted to go with option B at C2E2 last April.

I had about half a dozen SS submissions come back at the same time, all with the wrong sticker on top. I called and customer service said I could

A) Send them in and they'd correct them at no charge

B) If I was going to be at a show where they were setting up they would print off new labels and fix it on site

I opted to go with option B at C2E2 last April.

I did the same thing in San Diego one year.

What I don't understand is how they can mess it up in the first place...that bothers me that they aren't paying attention very well ya know?

I have a TON of PSA graded non sport cards and NEVER have had one come back mis-labeled, etc. and I send in on average about 300 cards a year.....

What I don't understand is how they can mess it up in the first place...that bothers me that they aren't paying attention very well ya know?

I have a TON of PSA graded non sport cards and NEVER have had one come back mis-labeled, etc. and I send in on average about 300 cards a year.....

i have started collecting cgc books recently and have probably over 30 books graded and this is the first time its ever happened to me. i thought it was a rare occurrence but apparently it seems to happen often. sounds like a little bit of laziness on the part of cgc.

i have started collecting cgc books recently and have probably over 30 books graded and this is the first time its ever happened to me. i thought it was a rare occurrence but apparently it seems to happen often. sounds like a little bit of laziness on the part of cgc.

After reading this thread, it seems CGC makes mistakes more often than I thought. I recently sent in an X-Men v2 #25 B&W variant with the Magneto hologram. It came back listed as the regular version with the Gambit hologram. I posted a question on what I should/need to do to have it corrected in the Ask CGC forum, but, the post hasn't appeared yet (over a week later).

My guess is, they grade so many books, some are bound to slip past with mistakes.