• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wolverine - Jackman Goes to Japan!

62 posts in this topic

Jackman is too tall to be Wolverine...

So was this fellow to play Gimli (John Rhys-Davies is over 6' tall), and yet movie magic made it work perfectly.

gimli.jpg

Lord of the Rings :sick:

I am sorry my fanboy friends, but that movie sucked as bad a Twilight.

FF button is the only way I could make it through those two -fests.

come on.... I haven't seen Twilight, but Lord of the Rings did not suck.

I thought it was an odd comment as well. Lord of the Rings was an amazing trilogy.

I only saw the first one and I really want my time and money back. More overrated .

I fell asleep during the first one and because of that haven't seen the other two. Big fan of the books back in the day, so I was a little dissapointed.

What about the Kitty Pride/ Wolverine miniseries plot? I thought that was one of the better stories about his Japan adventures. It would also bring in a female "super hero" to balance him.

Only if they can get Al Milgrom to come in and lend his considerable artistic merits to the production. :jokealert:

Sorry but I couldn't even read that mini, much less enjoy it. IMO it blew goats.

X-Men #172 & 173 would be far better. Those two issues come in right behind the Wolvie mini. Even the good guys were at each others throats the whole time. The more I think of it the more I think those two issues are movie ready. The Characters, Conflicts and Resolution were all first rate. And Paul Smith's cinematic panels (especially during the Wolvie/Silver Samurai fight) are a perfect blueprint for cinematic gold. :popcorn:

Ah, the good old days when Chris Claremont could depend on a cosistent stash of cannibus - and WE could depend on strong storytelling. :cloud9:

When Byrne came along during the Iron Fist and Marvel Team-Up days he introduced Claremont to the wonders of the Devils Weed :devil: and his writing went off the hook yo. Chris & John would break out the three foot bong and brainstorm like there was no tomorrow. :cool: In between runs to Fosters Freeze and AM/PM (too much good stuff!) they would team-up for what would become one of the greatest runs in the history of funny books. As long as he had the herbs he was flowing.

When Claremont & Byrne got in a fight over the last twinkie circa #143 John took his bong and went home, taking his connection with him. Without a dependable hookup Claremont's next 12 years were spotty as he never had a consistent flow of Marley lettuce. And coming right after "The Run" the results were made that much more jarring. Like a 42 degree temperature swing. The run between #144 & #171 was particularly rough, although he must have scored a dime bag at Santa Monica pier while in LA because #159 & 160 were vintage Claremont. Now that I think of it, #144 wasn't too bad either....Brent Anderson must have been firing up Claremont.

But you always knew when Claremont was rolling and had a good supply because he would have his "just like the good ole 108 thru 143 days" moments: The Mutant Massacre, 221 & 222, The Brood in 232 thru 234, Inferno - all winners sandwiched between uninspired stories lifted from Days Of Our Lives, Dynasty and Magnum PI and thrown in a blender with the Superfriends (during the Wonder Twins period).

Issues #248 thru #258 was Claremont's Silver Age: a 10 issue run that rivalled anything he did with JB: The Muir Island Saga, the 2nd Wolvie in Japan storyline with Jim Lee, the new Psylocke/Mandarin/The Hand. Silvestri & Lee must have been helping ole Chris out because when they left, it was like when Sean Connery left the Bond Series, Curly left the 3 Stooges and David Lee Roth left Van Halen all rolled up (pun intended) in one.

I'll stop there before I overstep my welcome..... My :signofftopic:rantrant was close to the end anyway.....

I think you need to either put down or pass whatever it is you're smoking :)

I choose to pass - sharing is caring! :hi:

What about the Kitty Pride/ Wolverine miniseries plot? I thought that was one of the better stories about his Japan adventures. It would also bring in a female "super hero" to balance him.

Only if they can get Al Milgrom to come in and lend his considerable artistic merits to the production. :jokealert:

Sorry but I couldn't even read that mini, much less enjoy it. IMO it blew goats.

X-Men #172 & 173 would be far better. Those two issues come in right behind the Wolvie mini. Even the good guys were at each others throats the whole time. The more I think of it the more I think those two issues are movie ready. The Characters, Conflicts and Resolution were all first rate. And Paul Smith's cinematic panels (especially during the Wolvie/Silver Samurai fight) are a perfect blueprint for cinematic gold. :popcorn:

Ah, the good old days when Chris Claremont could depend on a cosistent stash of cannibus - and WE could depend on strong storytelling. :cloud9:

When Byrne came along during the Iron Fist and Marvel Team-Up days he introduced Claremont to the wonders of the Devils Weed :devil: and his writing went off the hook yo. Chris & John would break out the three foot bong and brainstorm like there was no tomorrow. :cool: In between runs to Fosters Freeze and AM/PM (too much good stuff!) they would team-up for what would become one of the greatest runs in the history of funny books. As long as he had the herbs he was flowing.

When Claremont & Byrne got in a fight over the last twinkie circa #143 John took his bong and went home, taking his connection with him. Without a dependable hookup Claremont's next 12 years were spotty as he never had a consistent flow of Marley lettuce. And coming right after "The Run" the results were made that much more jarring. Like a 42 degree temperature swing. The run between #144 & #171 was particularly rough, although he must have scored a dime bag at Santa Monica pier while in LA because #159 & 160 were vintage Claremont. Now that I think of it, #144 wasn't too bad either....Brent Anderson must have been firing up Claremont.

But you always knew when Claremont was rolling and had a good supply because he would have his "just like the good ole 108 thru 143 days" moments: The Mutant Massacre, 221 & 222, The Brood in 232 thru 234, Inferno - all winners sandwiched between uninspired stories lifted from Days Of Our Lives, Dynasty and Magnum PI and thrown in a blender with the Superfriends (during the Wonder Twins period).

Issues #248 thru #258 was Claremont's Silver Age: a 10 issue run that rivalled anything he did with JB: The Muir Island Saga, the 2nd Wolvie in Japan storyline with Jim Lee, the new Psylocke/Mandarin/The Hand. Silvestri & Lee must have been helping ole Chris out because when they left, it was like when Sean Connery left the Bond Series, Curly left the 3 Stooges and David Lee Roth left Van Halen all rolled up (pun intended) in one.

I'll stop there before I overstep my welcome..... My :signofftopic:rantrant was close to the end anyway.....

I think you need to either put down or pass whatever it is you're smoking :)

I choose to pass - sharing is caring! :hi:

lol

I have all the Twilight movies on blueray right next to my Justin Beiber cd's.

Really pretty sweet.

TupennyBieber? Sparkling Vampire Tupenny? Say it isn't so. Conan wouldn't stand for Edward Cullen and he certainly wouldn't allow Justin Bieber to exist.

Any of you turds that don't like the LotR movies need to watch the extended cuts of all of them.

The cinematic version of these is horrible by comparison. Extended cuts are awesome. (worship)

Any of you turds that don't like the LotR movies need to watch the extended cuts of all of them.

The cinematic version of these is horrible by comparison. Extended cuts are awesome. (worship)

Are there more nipples?

Are there more nipples?

No, but Sam and Frodo demonstrate what the One Ring is actually used for. hm

Aronfsky directing Wolverine, Really Wow I am actually excited. One of my Comic icons being made by IMO the best American Fil-maker today. If he can make this as good as all his other films then this will be one great film :cloud9:

His Filmography as a Director is second to none:

Pi

Requiem for a dream

The Fountain

The Wrestler

Black Swan

He may not be everybodies tast, but if he is, then damn he is a great director :applause: the screenplay is also being written by Christopher McQuarrie who, again IMO, wrote one of the best modern screenplays out there, the Usual suspects. :grin:

Awesome, longer nap time :whee:

lol

Just not going to give in, are you?

:baiting:

lol

Just not going to give in, are you?

:baiting:

His loss, not mine. He's been informed. :whatev:

I just rewatched the entire trilogy over the past few weeks. The extended versions are fantastic. And that third movie with the Army of the Dead/ Dead Men of Dunharrow pouring off the ships is incredible!

^^

Winner x2

Winner x 3

Actually, the Steward of Gondor's storyline in the theatrical release of ROTK makes very little sense unless you watch the extended versions of the previous two movies which provides the Gondor backstory.

^^

Winner x2

Winner x 3

Actually, the Steward of Gondor's storyline in the theatrical release of ROTK makes very little sense unless you watch the extended versions of the previous two movies which provides the Gondor backstory.

Not to mention the entire Saruman the White thing is fixed.

Aronfsky directing Wolverine, Really Wow I am actually excited. One of my Comic icons being made by IMO the best American Fil-maker today. If he can make this as good as all his other films then this will be one great film :cloud9:

His Filmography as a Director is second to none:

Pi

Requiem for a dream

The Fountain

The Wrestler

Black Swan

He may not be everybodies tast, but if he is, then damn he is a great director :applause: the screenplay is also being written by Christopher McQuarrie who, again IMO, wrote one of the best modern screenplays out there, the Usual suspects. :grin:

The more I hear, the better it sounds! I think I'm looking forward to this film more than I am Cap, Thor or the entire Avengers line.