• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Unhappy kids

315 posts in this topic

For those that don't want to read the whole thread, here's a summary...

comix4fun: Nu-uh

RMA: Nu-huh

dramatic reading>

For those that don't want to read the whole thread, here's a summary...

dramatic reading>

:roflmao:

Agreed. There's a difference between discipline and humiliation.

What of the new trend among some judges to hand out public-humiliation sentences for some offenders?

:applause:

You're both gonna have to explain to me what humiliating a child has to do with sentences handed down in courts of law.

That's your opinion. Not everyone agrees. Are you right, and anyone who disagrees wrong?

You're ridiculous if you don't think posting a picture of your kids on the internet while punishing them is not ridiculous.

:screwy:

You're ridiculous if you think posting a picture of your kids on the internet while punishing them is ridiculous.

:screwy:

Do you have kids?

Nope. One does not need to have one's own biological/adoptive children to have raised a child, nor to understand basic principles.

Understanding principles and theory is one thing but actually raising them is entirely different.

The difference between reading about raising children and actually raising them is like reading about sex and actually having it.

All the theory in the world cannot explain to you or prepare you for what happens in real life like actually doing it can.

Just like once you've had sex your world changes, likewise once you have raised children you see the entire world differently.

In real life some theories just don't work.

(shrug)

What of the new trend among some judges to hand out public-humiliation sentences for some offenders?

You're both gonna have to explain to me what humiliating a child has to do with sentences handed down in courts of law.

I think the point is humiliation is humiliation whether it's an adult or a child.

Almost 500 more views since I took the first screen shot five minutes ago! lol

ae5yee.jpg

With nine days to go...

23wuusl.jpg

I need to put pictures of crying kids in all of my eBay auctions.

4visnr.jpg

Sorry, I am just enjoying watching this auction blow up.

wuidyt.jpg

2dayao1.jpg

I think the point is humiliation is humiliation whether it's an adult or a child.

And the relevance to the discussion of the appropriateness of the E-Bay auction is what, other than none?

Sentences handed down in courts of law to adults not 8 year olds. ;)

And the relevance to the discussion of the appropriateness of the E-Bay auction is what, other than none?

Mature adults handle humiliation much differently than a child who's psyche is still being formed.

Did you see that picture? Those kids look to be about 8 and 6. From the amount of Beyblades in that bag and their relative cost each, it would not be an unwise assumption that these were collected over some time. These toys are clearly marked ages 8 and up. So you have another parent giving their child a toy meant for older children and then blaming their faulty parenting and their laziness on the people least capable of making those decisions. Now that there are consequences it's up to the person with the least ability to tell right from wrong and the person who's too young to realize he was given a toy dangerous enough to destroy a hardened material (far harder than a child's skin) to pay the bill.

Are we supposed to believe they did all that damage in one play session? Or is it more likely this happened over the course of time and the parents never supervised their children closely enough to notice the damage.

If these beyblade can slice through porcelain this badly in one play session, I wonder why these parents weren't finding (or worrying about) giant gashes on their children's bodies.

The ebay genius never mentioned telling his kids in advance not to play in the bathtub. I wonder if he ever did. Or if, after seeing the damage, decided it was their fault anyway because 6 year olds are world renowned for being able to calculate the consequences of their actions without parental instruction beforehand.

This is poor parenting. Opening up your children to world wide ridicule because of, what seems like, lazy and poor parenting in the first place isn't teaching your kids to not play in the bathtub, it's teaching them that their father is a massive person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed and he can't be trusted to not take out his failures on them.

There are probably 100 ways to teach these kids a lesson about responsibility with property and money that don't involve destroying their self esteem or outing them publicly.

I agree RMA these kids will never forget this. When they 17 and their dad wakes up with a pillow over his face he won't have to guess who it is, or more likely, when the father is elderly and in need of care I am sure the kids will make sure the state home for the elderly has a nice shiny bathtub for him.

NAIL-HIT-ON-HEAD! (thumbs u (worship)

Religion

Politics

Parenting

Pressing

...in that order.

Apologies to anyone who may have thought my previous post in this thread (now deleted) was directed at them. It wasn't. Just my overreaction to some of the overreacting in this thread.

I would have to disagree with the order here. Parenting is first.

Ask any parent which is more important, religion or your kids? politics or your kids?

This isn't order of importance...this is a list of thing you should never discuss amongst friends. The order is 100% correct

Mature adults handle humiliation much differently than a child who's psyche is still being formed.

So if a child is "humiliated" in any way, their psyche is so fragile that their on the road to violence or a life of crime?

What if the kid broke wind in class at school and was humiliated. Would that tip them over the edge?

This is poor parenting, lazy and poor parenting.

+1 Only one of the kids is crying.

I don't laugh out loud at many things....this one I did. Thanks Richard

lol

I missed it mixed in with the pussyfest. Thanks for bumping it. lol