• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Tangled Web: CGG's scan under the microscope.

138 posts in this topic

Oh, and by the way......CGG......if you need a scan doctored, call a professional! There are a couple of us on the board here that could have done a much better job! 27_laughing.gif

Funny stuff Brad - good job! You gotz mad skillz... I eagerly await responses from the "but there's no evidence/proof - it's all assumptions and lynch mob mentality vs. CGG" waah-waah crowd sumo.gif

Well,that does it for me. Missing the original restoration was bad but possibly forgivable.Trying to pass off a poorly doctored scan shows a complete lack of morals,imagination,scruples and balls. Stick afork in them,folks,they're toast.

I wonder if they'll offer me some free submissions? 27_laughing.gif

By the way, slightly off-topic, but here is an example of what can be done with Photoshop if you have spent even a little time with it......here is a double portrait of my daughter Julia, composed of two photos taken ten years apart, one when she was about 10 months old and one when she was about 11. This is how you are supposed to alter pix! Just so you know I know what I'm talkin' about here! Thanks for indulging me.

demo.jpg

Well,that does it for me. Missing the original restoration was bad but possibly forgivable.Trying to pass off a poorly doctored scan shows a complete lack of morals,imagination,scruples and balls. Stick afork in them,folks,they're toast.

Ditto for me! Good work to everyone involved. thumbsup2.gif

Case closed... thumbsup2.gif

Unless folks now want to claim that redhook doctored these scans because he was in on the scam to make CGG look bad... foreheadslap.gif

Uh, I think I've rubbed CGC the wrong way a couple of times too. If I have any agenda at all, it is just not to get screwed.....by anyone! And also to try to force the grading companies.... all of them!, to raise their performance bar and provide us, the customers, with better service. I try to remain skeptical by nature, but not cynical.

Redhook, thank you. That's what my friend and I were trying to show. Hopefully, your expertise will lend more credibility to the conclusion.

So, CGG -- what say you?

Btw, your double daughter picture is amazing. You're freaky good at this.

-- Joanna

Okay, here it is.......

Sorry for the wide scroll, but I needed to do it this way.

cggfraud.jpg

I think this nails it.

Redhook, I think in the first post of this thread he states that it is a scan of the CGG scan, and a scan of a "known comic"

I dont think this is supposed to have ben the same comic in a CGC slab?

So thats why the wraps are different..??

I think?

And speaking of "Wheels in motion"

That red buggy your girl is in, looks like the wheels are gonna fall off.. careful on those hairpin turns girls...

Zeman

I wonder if they'll offer me some free submissions? 27_laughing.gif

By the way, slightly off-topic, but here is an example of what can be done with Photoshop if you have spent even a little time with it......here is a double portrait of my daughter Julia, composed of two photos taken ten years apart, one when she was about 10 months old and one when she was about 11. This is how you are supposed to alter pix! Just so you know I know what I'm talkin' about here! Thanks for indulging me.

demo.jpg

Redhook

You just simply rocked this joint! Great pic!

Davidking623

Redhook, thank you. That's what my friend and I were trying to show. Hopefully, your expertise will lend more credibility to the conclusion.

So, CGG -- what say you?

Btw, your double daughter picture is amazing. You're freaky good at this.

-- Joanna

Guys like redhook will always try to tell you that it's all in the software... Yeah, sure it is...

And Michelangelo's David is in that block of marble over there, here's a chisel, go dig him out... smile.gif