• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Tangled Web: CGG's scan under the microscope.

138 posts in this topic

flowerred.gif

No, he's right. I mean, compare MY work in my avatar with YOURS. It's like Rembrandt v. Cave-Painting Greggy.

What do you mean?

I thought superman really did wear a tie like that?

You made that..

ohhhh......

You want to do the honors, House?

Sure thing...

One inflammatory new thread, coming up!

I'll take mine medium-well, not blackened, please!

CGG's response should be interesting, to say the least...

CGG graded books universal.

CGC graded books restored.

CGG said they had proof books were unrestored when they graded them.

CGG sent doctored scan as "proof".

That about sums it up.

Wow, thats not Readers Digest short..

Thats new and improved "Cliff notes lite" short explanation.

That about sums it up.

You mean to tell me:

CGC graded books actually restored.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I see, I see...

So in light of the fact that a couple of board members have exposed the CGG scan as being doctored, thanks Redhook and Joanna, any suggestions on what I should do? I was thinking of putting the books up on ebay with an explanantion of what happened. That should generate at least some publicity. I also have another former CGG book in at CGC right now. It's a tdcomix book that I bought from a guy that originally bought it from tdcomix. Unfortunately it won't be back until mid May or so. Should I try to call Steve B. and see if they would be willing to take a look at that book just for resto now. Or would I be unfairly influencing them if I told them which book to look at specifically?

It's probably a pain for them to pull the book out of its sequence to do the resto check and then put it back in the queue... The system really doesn't work that way...

But what you could do is call them and upgrade the service tier on the book to Express. That would get you both your answer and the book much, much faster...

I wouldn't be surprised if you could take up a collection from forumites to offset the extra fees. And I would be happy to shoot you $5 in PayPal toward the cause if you go that route. I'd be curious to know sooner rather than later, and that earlier information might save some other folks here some grief, one way or the other...

Great work as always Brad, simply amazing what you can do.

Where all the the CGG lapdogs now? Smokinghawk? BassGman? RS?

confused-smiley-013.gif

That's not fair. It's not at ALL representative of any of my posts, and the objective, fair position they've presented here. Should I restate them?

Oh, and I work two jobs. So taunting my lack of presence on the board during a workday hour isn't cool. Sometimes I'm able to join, but I was slammed with appointments today.

So here I am.

(and thanks to the members who tossed a post in my behalf during my absence to say essentially the same thing--I appreciate the consideration.)

Great work as always Brad, simply amazing what you can do.

Where all the the CGG lapdogs now? Smokinghawk? BassGman? RS?

confused-smiley-013.gif

That's not fair. It's not at ALL representative of any of my posts, and the objective, fair position they've presented here. Should I restate them?

Oh, and I work two jobs. So taunting my lack of presence on the board during a workday hour isn't cool. Sometimes I'm able to join, but I was slammed with appointments today.

So here I am.

You have to realize that by conveying messages from CGG puts you in a very unfavorable position. Regardless of your personal feelings toward either company you have put yourself in the mix of this controversy. CGG cannot continue to do business as usual with this type of model. If they use scans for file reference, then they need to have a better system of imaging and cataloging. You mentioned in one of your posts that CGG is not allowed to post on these forums. How would the mods be able to tell, considering that amount of shill ID's that are present? The problem is also compounded by TDcomix whose relationship with CGG is still unclear.

You mentioned in one of your posts that CGG is not allowed to post on these forums. How would the mods be able to tell, considering that amount of shill ID's that are present?

So you want them to make an account then hid the fact that it's them? What good would that do? confused-smiley-013.gif

They had an account here and they were banned, end of story. I'm surprised that the mods allowed their e-mails to be posted.

I've never thanked Smokinghawk for posting those e-mails, but right now seems like a good time to do it. Thanks SH, I appreciate you putting yourself out there to post e-mails from CGG for all of us to read. 893applaud-thumb.gif

KUDOS TO SMOKINGHAWK!!!

IF WE ARE WHO I THINK WE ARE, YOU WILL BE DESTROYED!!! IF I AM WRONG, THEN YOU WILL NOT BE DESTROYED BUT WILL INSTEAD BE HAILED AS A HERO AND EXALTED FOR YEARS TO COME ON THE ANNUAL CELEBRATION OF YOUR UNHERALDED ACHIEVEMENT! BUT I AM NOT CERTAIN WE ARE WHO I ONCE THOUGHT WE WERE, SO YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY.

KUDOS TO SMOKINGHAWK!!!

IF WE ARE WHO I THINK WE ARE, YOU WILL BE DESTROYED!!! IF I AM WRONG, THEN YOU WILL NOT BE DESTROYED BUT WILL INSTEAD BE HAILED AS A HERO AND EXALTED FOR YEARS TO COME ON THE ANNUAL CELEBRATION OF YOUR UNHERALDED ACHIEVEMENT! BUT I AM NOT CERTAIN WE ARE WHO I ONCE THOUGHT WE WERE, SO YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY.

ONLY NOW DO I BEGIN TO COMPREHEND YOUR COMPREHENSION.....

blush.gif

That about sums it up.

You mean to tell me:

CGC graded books actually restored.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I see, I see...

This proves nothing. How do we know you don't have two cameras????? insane.gif

I wonder if they'll offer me some free submissions? 27_laughing.gif

By the way, slightly off-topic, but here is an example of what can be done with Photoshop if you have spent even a little time with it......here is a double portrait of my daughter Julia, composed of two photos taken ten years apart, one when she was about 10 months old and one when she was about 11. This is how you are supposed to alter pix! Just so you know I know what I'm talkin' about here! Thanks for indulging me.

demo.jpg