• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Usually not hyper critical of super hero movie stuff, but...

68 posts in this topic

Let's see a series of images of Super-Heroes with their heads hung low, looking all depressed & forlorn.

Can someone compile sucha gallery for us?

The one thing I can say is that if this written to start at the beginning of the

Spiderman story then this kid is suppose to be a modern day Teen.

And I could see a modern day teen coming up with something odd like this.

You never know this could be a modified ski suit in the story, I mean think about it

what kid has the ability and the sewing machine to make a wearable spidey suit?

Also the red eyes could mean CGI. CGI effects only need a solid color surface and

you never know the director could have thought that the regular blue or green screen

eyes on the mask would've been too distracting while in the shoot.

The one thing I can say is that if this written to start at the beginning of the

Spiderman story then this kid is suppose to be a modern day Teen.

And I could see a modern day teen coming up with something odd like this.

You never know this could be a modified ski suit in the story, I mean think about it

what kid has the ability and the sewing machine to make a wearable spidey suit?

Also the red eyes could mean CGI. CGI effects only need a solid color surface and

you never know the director could have thought that the regular blue or green screeneyes on the mask would've been too distracting while in the shoot.

Two great points you make (thumbs u the rumor mill has it that CGI effects for the Spidey reboot will blow Spider-man 3 out of the water,after all we are talking about a 5 year gap between Spider-man 3 and the reboot, a lot of tech improvements have happen since then. I say this will be a much bigger movie hit then people are expecting, its the new X-men reboot I would have my doubts about.

spiderman+reboot+costume.jpg

I guess I'll go out on a limb. I don't see what the big deal is.

Looks more or less like Spidey's costume to me.

Is this that much different from the previous movie-ized costume?

spiderman+reboot+costume.jpg

I guess I'll go out on a limb. I don't see what the big deal is.

Looks more or less like Spidey's costume to me.

Is this that much different from the previous movie-ized costume?

WHAT THE HELL IS ON HIS CHEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see a series of images of Super-Heroes with their heads hung low, looking all depressed & forlorn.

Can someone compile sucha gallery for us?

Take the ball and run with it.

If he was starring in the Spiderman musical he'd probably do the 5 dance from Charlie Brown

cbxmas_5.gif

I don't know when you people will finally realize it, but this Spidey reboot is NOT for us, or anyone over the age of 14.

The producers have stated time and time again, that this movie will be Spider-man Twilight, designed to appeal to adolescent and teen girls in the same way Twilight did. Expect the Peter vs. Flash/Harry for Gwen romantic triangle to be the main plot, with some "She's my girl!" scenes to get the little gals all excited.

Maybe even Team Peter vs. Team Flash/Harry.

The most obvious angle on this ploy are all the "background/non-existent in comics" kid bit parts being elevated to co-stars and played Teen Beat cherubs. Billy Connors, Philip Stacy, etc.

Of course, Spidey will have to fight The Lizard sometime to satisfy the aging nerds who paid $13 for a seat, but be prepared for "Twilight in Tights" when you walk in.

If I were the producers I would be up to the same thing.

Stan Lee did it first. Why not reclaim the throne?

I hope it works because it will really help the property's future.

Sure, if money is your only goal, then appealing to adolescents works great, since they won't demand quality, but my point is:

WHY ARE ADULTS EVEN DISCUSSING THIS MOVIE? doh!

Sure, if money is your only goal, then appealing to adolescents works great, since they won't demand quality, but my point is:

WHY ARE ADULTS EVEN DISCUSSING THIS MOVIE? doh!

You baffle me...you relize you're on a comic book site discussing a comic book movie don't you? doh!

You baffle me...you relize you're on a comic book site discussing a comic book movie don't you? doh!

No, I am on a comic book forum discussing a Twilight movie but with characters wearing tights. Think Smallville vs. Dark Knight.

This is not going to be a Spider-man movie, the producers have stated that time and time again. Do you not believe them?

from the marvel movies in the past i have learned that until you see the movie its a waste of time to guess at how it will be.

many of them look great and suck the unsuckable suck. then i have my doubts and the movies are really good.

all i can say is please im begging please dont let this cap movie be f'ed up. please let it be what the first iron man movie was.

Money Grubbing Hollywood Producer: So you see Joe, if we get the girls who loved Twilight to come and see this movie. It will give us an even bigger box office. We're not rebooting and restarting these things for and grins ya know.

Joe Q: But... But... What about the fan boys? The real loyal comic readers?

MGHP: (Smacks Joe upside the head with his walking cane) You dunce! THEY will show up regardless of what we put out. Daredevil actually MADE money, dummy.

Joe Q: (Fixes what little hair he has left) yeah, yeah. Ok.

MGHP: As an example, look what YOU'VE done in your time at Marvel. You've put out the most senseless forgettable ever published and the nimrods keep buying it every month, RIGHT?

Joe Q: Well, we have some good cover artists and, uh, some events and crossovers...

MGHP: .

Joe Q: Well...yeah.

MGHP: Kiss my boot.

Joe Q: (smooch)

It would be funnier if it wasnt true....

Is the director an Oregon Duck alum?

Those uniforms were not made for you or anyone in your age group.They are all for the 19-22 year old recruits.Do I like them?No.But it means very little when four and five star recruits flock to school here.Well see how many peiple complain about the unis when they are dettiing 50 hung on them