• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Nintendo Power #1 and old school NES

52 posts in this topic

Who on the boards collects 8-bit NES games

A couple boardies collect the games. Bronty, I believe, is one.

cgcworld (Jim) as well and a couple others

I think your being quite modest here Daniel :baiting:

To the Nintendo collecting world you are the John Verzyl of the hobby, pioneering and in accomplishment. (worship)

Jim

To the Nintendo collecting world you are the John Verzyl of the hobby, pioneering and in accomplishment. (worship)

Jim

flattery will get you everywhere :blush:

except John could buy and sell me with the change under his mattress lol

you should post your game room pics (thumbs u

Jim

flattery will get you everywhere :blush:

except John could buy and sell me with the change under his mattress lol

you should post your game room pics (thumbs u

Nintendo006.jpg

Nintendo005.jpg

Nintendoroom027.jpg

Nintendoroom006.jpg

Nintendoroom010.jpg

Nintendoroom019.jpg

Nintendoroom020.jpg

Nintendoroom018.jpg

Nintendoroom021.jpg

Nintendoroom023.jpg

Nintendoroom008.jpg

Nintendoroom017.jpg

Nintendoroom025.jpg

A sampling as per Dan's request.

Jim

Well I like it. :) I think its fun when hobby rooms are decorated as long as its clean and not just a bunch of random hobby mess all over the place. I.e. neat, clean organized makes for a fun display. mess everywhere makes for a flea market in your basement :blush:

Nintendo was cool but I have equally fond memories of the Atari 2600...I remember games like Empire Strikes Back, Dig Dug and PacMan and Pitfall...was Pitfall Atari or was that Nintendo??....Good times.

I like playing video games but my nostalgia for them is dwarfed by my passion for classic books, comic books and Star Wars. That said, I did get a Nintendo Power subscription as a kid and enjoyed reading them. I remember when my brother and I found the cheat part of Super Mario Bros where you hit the turtle against the steps and get like 90+ free lives...kinda took the fun out of it though after that. Mike Tyson's Punchout rocked but my favorite was Castlevania!!

Someone explain grading for NES games. Do they just grade 'sealed' games or can you get opened but complete games (i.e. box/cart/IM) graded as well? Do they just grade cartridges as well?

Someone explain grading for NES games. Do they just grade 'sealed' games or can you get opened but complete games (i.e. box/cart/IM) graded as well? Do they just grade cartridges as well?

Give Leigh @ AFA a call at 7708250420. Real nice guy who can answer all your questions.