• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do you buy most of your comics?

Where do you buy most of your comics  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you buy most of your comics

48 posts in this topic

You forgot conventions.

I buy the vast majority of my books at cons.

conventions are an easy place to loose one's mind and the limit is pretty high --- you can lug around maybe 3 short boxes of stuff

i still figure i buy more at shops because it just tends to add up and I only go to shows 1-3 times ayear.

If you're lugging around three short boxes, you'll be lucky not to 'loose' your bowels. :grin:

well, in the past I've had a little folding hand cart to help me, but at NYCC they supposedly weren't allowed, so I didn't bring one (though i will in the future as I saw people with them). I have a tote bag that actually fits a shorty inside of it. A backpack that doesn't quite hold a shorty and another hand for another bag 'o krap. so probably 2 1/2 shorties worth of stuff. but yes, at NYCC, while dragging my son around too it was tiring and when I had to walk the equivalent of 1/2 a mile lugging this stuff to be able to find a cab I was on the verge of a heart attack. I'm getting old. I remember one carbonaro show in the St. Paul's church basement days when I was younger and studlier walking home (1 mile) with two full long boxes on my shoulders because I didn't want to spend $6 on a cab. Ah, those were the days.

Ebay= 45%

Boards= 10%

Clink= 15%

Heritage= 10%

Metro= 5%

Other dealers(Pedigree, Worldwide, Quality, HighGradeComics)= 15%

These numbers can vary 5 to 10% depending on who has what, but the above reflects last years totals approx.

I would love to buy all of my comics from the boards. Trouble is, not very many board members do high grade underground comics, and my focus right now is specifically Cherry.

I appear to have tapped Eggs (he is the greatest!) out of the books he is willing to sell.