• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comicsupply.com ??

43 posts in this topic

thanks telepath. I've filled a dispute and will look into ordering elsewhere.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Comicsupply/Russ has a history of poor

communication and dropping the ball. He has come on the boards many times

promising to make good but doesn't.

Hotflips on the boards is trustworthy and focused on customer service.

If you google comicsupply you will find plenty of complaints about them.

Comic Supply....?

hm

Nope. Never heard of him.

By the way, what happened to his "pal"?

:popcorn:

I'm staying out of this. Please don't put me in this. I have tried to talk to him about it but I'm done talking to him about his business

Has anyone else used this website and have any experience?

I'm having a very bad experience with this website that I wanted to share with others. I placed a ~$300 order in mid-December with this company, with the order primarily focused on plastic short-boxes, mylar bags, backing boards and archival paper. The company has jerked me around for 2 months, shifting between being non-responsive and making claims about trouble filling a back-order on archival paper.

A few weeks ago, they claimed that the company they ordered archival paper from raised prices x 3 times (to $60) and that they were removing archival paper from their website. As of this point, the paper is still listed on their website for $20/order.

They charged my account ~$300 in December and still have shone no likelihood of shipping my product. After an inquiry about the archival paper, I indicated that I'd rather drop that from the order and receive the rest of the order. They have not removed the price of the archival paper from my charge, nor indicated any progress towards shipping my order.

I've been travelling the last week and a half, but I'm done with this company and contacting my credit card company to dispute charges. I do not know if this is a scamming company or if I'm just having a unique poor experience with this company, but I wanted to warn other shoppers of my experience.

I have to admit I'm frustrated, as I've had to put my own inventory process on hold for 2 months, but I was looking forward to some of the back issues I ordered (from series that I don't normally read that I was looking forward getting into). It's rather frustrating to see new "sales" listed on their web site every time I visit to check on the status of my non-shipping order.

:hi: Thanks for the kind words everyone. Its nice to hear that our hard work pays off.

If you need anything, send me a PM or email and we'll take care of you,

Jeff

Hi-

This is my first-ever post. But a while back, before I signed up here, Russ ripped me off, too. And from what I've read here, the scam ran along the typical pattern. I ended up filing a complaint with the Michigan Attorney General, heard nothing for a few months, then received a letter from the Office of the Attorney General asking for a status report. This was shortly after the election, I think Michigan has a new Attorney General. It might help if you (and maybe everyone who's dealt with Comicsupply and gotten ripped off) filed a complaint as well. It takes a few minutes, but maybe in the long run maybe it could stop this guy from stealing.

www.michigan.gov/ag

Thanks.

Years ago, I had dealings with Russ. I placed 3 or 4 orders with him without incident. After reading about the bad experiences others had with Comicsupply.com on these boards, I just didn't want to take the chance of getting burned. I just go to Hotflips when at a show, or just buy directly from the supplier.

I still get e-mails from Comicsupply.com and what surprises me most is that he's still in business.

Thanks all.

I'm extremely disappointed in my transactions with Russ/ComicSupply. I have no desire to improperly discredit individuals, but this has been a frustrating experience. At this point, Russ and I are agreed to resolve the situation via CC dispute. I hope that we can resolve this rapidly.

Others seem to indicate that they've had success with Russ. Some indicate that Russ has been good when inventory is in stock and not as good when inventory is not in stock. Perhaps the problem is less about intent to defraud and more about knowing how to properly run a business. In either case, I hope that Russ can straighten things out.

I appreciate the additional offers for service. I've very eager to make progress on inventorying and updating my collection, so look forward to working things out with you guys.

Perhaps the problem is less about intent to defraud and more about knowing how to properly run a business.

wake up and smell the coffee

I don't know. Certainly seems like a combo of lazyness and utter incompetence in running a business moreso than a willing intent to defraud. Of course, it could easily be a little of everything. (shrug)

Perhaps the problem is less about intent to defraud and more about knowing how to properly run a business.

I don't know. Certainly seems like a combo of lazyness and utter incompetence in running a business moreso than a willing intent to defraud. Of course, it could easily be a little of everything. (shrug)

Russ is very well spoken and charming, so he gets customers, but If you remember, he has a very odd business model...and I'll repeat what he said years ago....

In HIS opinion," the customer is usually wrong"

Russ is very well spoken and charming, so he gets customers, but If you remember, he has a very odd business model...and I'll repeat what he said years ago....

In HIS opinion," the customer is usually wrong"

Did he study under Cal?

You pay me for 1000 tootsie rolls

I ship you 1000 tootsie rolls

Not exactly brain surgery

Months later you still don't have your tootsie rolls

What do you call it then?

I ship you 1000 tootsie rolls

Not exactly brain surgery

Months later you still don't have your tootsie rolls

What do you call it then?

A thinner you? (shrug)

Seriously though, I'm not trying to defend him. I'm just trying to understand the motivations of a seller who conducts business above board with no issues, then just randomly screws people over. It certainly makes him no less a scumbag.