• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

104 posts in this topic

Jonny has agreed after years away from the buisness to start taking commissions for signature series sketch covers.

He is making this offering exclusivly to our community and is making the books available for $50 single character full figure sketch covers + exact shipping and CGC fee's.

More complex covers are available upon request, message me for rates on scenes.

I have a bunch of blanks available at $7 each. I will take time to ensure your books are handled with care and will choose only books with no visible flaws. I can not guarantee grade but we will do the best we can to ensure the best grade possible.

Update

CGC SLABBING AND SHIPPING FEES:

Modern: $27.00

SHIPPING:

Return Postage (U.S. Registered Mail Only)

1 Comic………..$14.00

2 Comics……....$16.00

3-5 Comics……$21.00

6-10 Comics…..$30.00

11-15 Comics…$36.00

16-20 Comics…$42.00

21-25 Comics…$49.00

26-30 Comics…$59.00

Insurance Coverage (Required)

up to $100…………..........$11.50

$100.01 to $500…............$13.10

$500.01 to $1,000…........ $14.45

$1,000.01 to $2,000..........$15.80

$2,000.01 to $3,000..........$17.15

$3,000.01 to $4,000..........$18.50

$4,000.01 to $5,000..........$19.95

$5,000.01 to $6,000..........$21.20

First round of books will be shipped out from Jonny at the latest March 15th to CGC for grading. Grading times cannot be guaranteed, but the books will be in the mail to CGC on March 15th.

This means that for the first round submissions must be to Jonny by March 5th in order to be in the first round of subs.

:takeit: wins!

DKALTCoverplain.jpg

Craven.jpg

BraggingRightsTOPCOW2.jpg

predator.jpg

Reaver.jpg

Superman.jpg

Who is Jonny Ledford? Seriously you should work on pimping artist who are alittle more well known. You can ask anybody in the signature room I know who just about every artist and writer are and what they work on unless they just broke in to the industry this year. I have not recongized the names of the last 3 artist you posted opps for. Signature series and sketch covers is not about getting just anybody to sign or sketch on just anything. It is about getting special people to sign special things for people for their collections so they can be cherished.

Who is Jonny Ledford? Seriously you should work on pimping artist who are alittle more well known. You can ask anybody in the signature room I know who just about every artist and writer are and what they work on unless they just broke in to the industry this year. I have recongized the names of the last 3 artist you posted opps for. Signature series and sketch covers is not about getting just anybody to sign or sketch on just anything. It is about getting special people to sign special things for people for their collections so they can be cherished.

And what, you get to decide who is "special" enough?

Let the offers come, if people want to take the opportunity they will. If there isn't enough interest, it won't meet the minimum requirements for submission. Nor does it mean the artists aren't talented.

Let it go? No one is in any position to make the decision on what people want to add to their collection- except that person. If people want to add up and coming artists or something from an artist's whose work they like that's THEIR decision, not anyone else's to make.

Keep typing.

Absolutely. This is a public message board. Kris can post his opinion, I can post mine, and Menace can post his CGC approved SS opportunities.

Who is Jonny Ledford? Seriously you should work on pimping artist who are alittle more well known. You can ask anybody in the signature room I know who just about every artist and writer are and what they work on unless they just broke in to the industry this year. I have recongized the names of the last 3 artist you posted opps for. Signature series and sketch covers is not about getting just anybody to sign or sketch on just anything. It is about getting special people to sign special things for people for their collections so they can be cherished.

Come to think of it, I'm not seeing a problem. He says he has recognized the last 3 artist that the OP has posted opps for.

What about guys like myself or Danny Cruz who were not "well known"?

Everyone needs to start somewhere and the only person making sense right now is GACollectibles. The people will decide who and what they want to collect.

I only wish to make talented artists available. Jonny has been dealing with personal tragedy, which cause him to leave the comic industry. His work was never considered mainstream, here is his work bio.

Motive Gaming Magazine Oct. 89' Halloween issue. Jan 89' "Fishy Bit’s Cthulhu Pic"

Web Games: Web of Stars interior B&W art 92' Web’s basic system

Marvel Comics Macey’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Costume design, Oct 93'

Orbital Comics: Penciler for Stars & Strypes (action, progressive super heroing) &

Hell T.R.Y.B.e. (Dark Hero)

Pin-ups for Warhawk and Crux sketchbook. All through 94'

White Wolf Games Werewolf the Apocalypse LARP rules B&W by Tad McDivett 95'

RAMPANT MANTICORE STUDIO’s Founded Aug 96'

"DARKWORKS" graphic novel 97'

Lead artist for: STORY ART GAMES 2003-2004 : On both their lines: Starship Empires 1936 & The Realm Of Shards as well as StoryArt Comics lead title "Reaver"

Ray-Gun Monkey Studios founded in FEB 2010

Creator Penciler/Inker for "The New Spartans" for What The Flux Comics & Flux UK

Creator Penciler Inker for "Death-Knell" for What The Flux Comics & Flux UK

Creator Penciler Inker for Severed for What the Flux Comics

What about guys like myself or Danny Cruz who were not "well known"?

Everyone needs to start somewhere and the only person making sense right now is GACollectibles. The people will decide who and what they want to collect.

Good point, I would assume that building a fan base is a good thing when looking for work and demonstrates that you can bring more than your talent to a publisher.

I'm all about supporting up and coming or lesser known guys. My concern is one that has been raised here before and that is paying up front for these opportunities, and then getting yelled at when we complain they are taking too long and/or there is no communication. All to often guys on the boards try to puts these great opps together and then are at the artists mercy to finish them in a timely manner. I would love to get in on this because of my first point, supporting those in the industry, but I wish there was a half down half when it's done policy for these opps even though this one is priced very reasonably!

I also agree with Andrew and Billy, with all do respect Kris, I'm sure at one time Frank Miller and Todd McFarlane were just up and coming guys who just wanted to get their stuff out!

2c

I think it's great that these opportunities are presented, even for the lesser known artists whether it be they are new, or returning to the business.

It's up to the consumer to research the artist, his/her art and determine if it's something they want to take advantage of.

I also think it's in poor taste to derail this thread with something that is more appropriate for a PM, regardless of reputation.

I think you're doing a good job here bro, and deserve praise for being kind enough to help the forum out... 2c:banana:

Also, I had considered offering this as a non-SS opp. That is also available as always, but the general line of thought here is that everyone wants SS for these things.

I'm relatively new here but I don't get why some people are so antagonistic on these boards. Aren't we all here because we like collecting the same things? Somebody is offering a sketch opportunity here and if you don't like it, don't participate. If people want to complain about or discuss the scheduling and payment systems around these opportunities, fine, but I don't get why someone would complain just because they don't know/like a particular artist.

I'm not a huge sketch collector myself, but I don't see the problem with getting one from a "lesser known" artist.