• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: NCAA Tickets

12 posts in this topic

I went to the Final Four in 1998, the last time it was in San Antonio, and checked off one of my life's "to-do" list items in the process.

The shuttle bus system is exceptional for the event. It was sixteen minutes from parking my car at the shopping mall park-and-ride to sitting in my seat, and after the games it was under twenty minutes from the time I left my seat until I was back in my car, five miles away from the dome, with no traffic in sight... Regular Final Four attendees will tell you that Indianapolis and San Antonio are the only two venues they ever want to see for March Madness.

That year's group was Kentucky, North Carolina, Utah, and Stanford, but it frankly doesn't matter a bit who the teams are that are involved. Seeing Kentucky fans cheering their lungs out for the Tarheels was something else...

There's nothing quite like the Final Four... smile.gif

For any of those making the trip down to S.A. for the final four and would like recommends

on eats, bars, or whatever LMK. I'd be more than happy to provide where you wanna be.

Frank

And if you need advice on gentleman's clubs there, let me know... devil.gif

I still have VIP cards from four of them and can tell you exactly which booth to sit in. devil.gif893whatthe.gifdevil.gif

I still have VIP cards from four of them and can tell you exactly which booth to sit in. devil.gif893whatthe.gifdevil.gif

City has changed quite a bit since 88. Some of them clubs may be long gone....or under a different name. Regardless of that the park-and-ride remains the same and you WILL have the fun house did in our fair city. grin.gif

City has changed quite a bit since 88. Some of them clubs may be long gone....or under a different name. Regardless of that the park-and-ride remains the same and you WILL have the fun house did in our fair city. grin.gif

The Final Four was '98, but I have been there a lot since then... and trust me, you really don't want to suggest that people will have the same fun I did, or I'll have to be giving out the names of good lawyers on South Presa, some of which I could find in a drunken stupor if I had to... foreheadslap.gifdevil.gif I still visit about four times a year so my intel isn't far out of date... sumo.gif

But I highly recommend seeing the Final Four there... or visiting San Antonio for just about any reason. It's a great city to visit. My visit lasted thirteen years, which was a bit long... but it's one of the best cities in the country to spend three or four days... smile.gif

Will Rogers said there were only four unique cities in the entire country, Boston, New Orleans, San Antonio, and San Francisco... A lot of people think Boston doesn't qualify any more, but those are all great cities to visit. smile.gif

ooopss...88 was my typo. blush.gif And to suggest that anyone would have as much fun as you did was incorrect. Cause if you can find a good lawyer on South Presa in a drunken stupor...you just have to be in a drunken stupor. flowerred.gif Glad you visit often and like the city. Next time your gonna be here PM my arse and we'll hit "Howl at the Moon" or "PT's"

grin.gif