• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 121 Club

487 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2017 at 11:12 PM, Jking3437 said:

Alright so I’m just going to ask, knowing that 121 in high grade, the highest grade is just almost impossible , what would the 9.4 go for ? 

A boatload.  It's really hard to tell, but I would think multiple of 2 or 3X what a 9.2 would fetch.  Is a 9.2 worth 30K?  A 9.0 went for just shy of 22K this year.  I'd love to hear the background story of the 9.4. 

6 hours ago, scooter99 said:

A boatload.  It's really hard to tell, but I would think multiple of 2 or 3X what a 9.2 would fetch.  Is a 9.2 worth 30K?  A 9.0 went for just shy of 22K this year.  I'd love to hear the background story of the 9.4. 

My theory is that it is a previous 9.0/9.2 that was pressed up to a 9.4. Still wished I owned it though.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:40 PM, solm4st3r said:

Holy carp! The 7.5 cow pages sold for $10k in the May HA auction. Looks like some DC 10 ct SA keys are really blowing up in the higher grades.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/batman-121-dc-1959-cgc-vf-75-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7187-92373.s

I think Superboy 68 is primed.

On 2/12/2011 at 2:01 PM, showcase22gr1959 said:

Indeed. :applause: When Mr. Freeze first appeared in the Batman move...the demand of this book shot up.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was Mr. Freeze in Batman movie in early 1990's. Was the price of this book skyrocketed after that movie?

I am still waiting the copy but USPS is damn slowpoke!

Edited by JollyComics

7 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Arnold Schwarzenegger was Mr. Freeze in Batman movie in early 1990's. Was the price of this book skyrocketed after that movie?

I am still waiting the copy but USPS is damn slowpoke!

I bought a mid grade copy and a beater about 6 years ago and they both have gone up nearly tenfold on what I paid for them.  Not sure of the price bump when Arnold played Mr. Freeze.

Edited by scooter99

10 hours ago, kimik said:

This book just keeps moving on up. The latest CGC 5.0 sale on GPA is $2995 in May 2018, and the most recent recorded CGC 5.5 sales was $3500 in March.

Really ? I haven’t checked GpA in a while for this book, it’s one of the books that if I sell, I’ll never get back in the same grade