• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIZARD Subscription Refund?

29 posts in this topic

OK, do any of you other choad's like me who were silly enough to actually subscribe to WIZARD know how to go about getting a refund? It looks like they've taken down the subscriptions page on their website and I can't find a phone number anywhere.

They even removed this guys phone number:

Subscriptions and Magazine Customer Service:

Francisco Cruz

Senior Accountant

fcruz@wizardent.com

Let me know...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/02/11/the-great-wizard-and-toyfare-subscription-scandal-of-2011/

You'll be getting some other magazine instead as Wizard isn't refunding. There are people still out there selling subscriptions to Wizard and Toyfare. Beware.

As our last issue shipped two weeks ago, all subscriptions are currently up to date. As is customary in the industry, we are working with other publishers on a suitable replacement for our subscribers’ remaining issues.

Also, we cannot control third parties from selling subscriptions, but no new subscriptions have been processed by us for awhile.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/02/11/the-great-wizard-and-toyfare-subscription-scandal-of-2011/

You'll be getting some other magazine instead as Wizard isn't refunding. There are people still out there selling subscriptions to Wizard and Toyfare. Beware.

As our last issue shipped two weeks ago, all subscriptions are currently up to date. As is customary in the industry, we are working with other publishers on a suitable replacement for our subscribers’ remaining issues.

Also, we cannot control third parties from selling subscriptions, but no new subscriptions have been processed by us for awhile.

SHADY!!!!

"I was told last week that subscribers are being called up to ask if they want to resubscribe when their subscription runs out, even though the magazine isn’t actually in existence any more."

SHADY!!!!

"So will existing subscribers to Wizard or Toyfare get a refund? Put simply, no.

Wizard’s official line is this;

Also, we cannot control third parties from selling subscriptions, but no new subscriptions have been processed by us for awhile."

As far as I'm concerned, my subscription was for 48 issues of WIZARD. If they aren't going to fulfill my subscription with 48 issues, they need to prorate a rebate back to my #%$@# bank account. Are they refunding dealers for their subs? Hmmmm hm

Here's looking forward to my first issue of REDBOOK or Southern Living... :banana:

SHADY!!!!

"I was told last week that subscribers are being called up to ask if they want to resubscribe when their subscription runs out, even though the magazine isn’t actually in existence any more."

SHADY!!!!

"So will existing subscribers to Wizard or Toyfare get a refund? Put simply, no.

Wizard’s official line is this;

Also, we cannot control third parties from selling subscriptions, but no new subscriptions have been processed by us for awhile."

As far as I'm concerned, my subscription was for 48 issues of WIZARD. If they aren't going to fulfill my subscription with 48 issues, they need to prorate a rebate back to my #%$@# bank account. Are they refunding dealers for their subs? Hmmmm hm

Here's looking forward to my first issue of REDBOOK or Southern Living... :banana:

Your replacement is in the mail. (thumbs u

catfancycover.gif

:roflmao: I %$#@#$ hate cats...give me Dog Fancy any day...

If they give me a few choices for a new magazine subscription it may actually work out better for me anyway as WIZARD was a 5-minute flip through these days. If they thrust GLAMOUR or PEOPLE down my throat I'm calling Gareb Shamus.

If they give me a few choices for a new magazine subscription it may actually work out better for me anyway as WIZARD was a 5-minute flip through these days. If they thrust GLAMOUR or PEOPLE down my throat I'm calling Gareb Shamus.

I picked up the last issue for nostalgia's sake....to see how they ended it.

As I picked it up, you know what fell out? Yep...a SUBSCRIPTION CARD.

I picked up the last issue for nostalgia's sake....to see how they ended it.

As I picked it up, you know what fell out? Yep...a SUBSCRIPTION CARD.

:roflmao: Typical.

Wizard has been ripping people off for years. They pretty much fired anyone that was doing customer service years ago and were just blowing off most people. Plenty of people that were ordering from the website were getting charged and never getting anything at all back in the mail for various toys, statues, etc. Wizard had so many complaints on the message boards that they just pulled down the whole thing about 6 months or so ago and kept the ordering process alive. I would assume everyone that has a subscription is going to get smoked by Gareb and whatever crew he has left. What a POS he is.

How about Texas Monthly ? Or better yet The Daily Texan :headbang: ? The newspaper every Texas Aggie loves to read :roflmao: .

How about Texas Monthly ? Or better yet The Daily Texan :headbang: ? The newspaper every Texas Aggie loves to read :roflmao: .

Did you really just "LOL" at your own post?

doh!

and Texas Monthly is a GREAT magazine...

Where are you guys getting your information?

I have a current subscription and I've been getting them on time, monthly.

Well, I guess when they said they were going out of the magazine business, and stopping all publication, they must have meant for every subscription except yours.

Well, I guess when they said they were going out of the magazine business, and stopping all publication, they must have meant for every subscription except yours.

That's funny!!!

Really.. jerk

One school of thought is that anyone who subscribes to Wizard deserves to lose every penny. :baiting:

In all seriousness, if they are still continuing to sell subscriptions even though they know they`re going out of business, the Attorney General in your state and the state where they`re published should be informed. This is not just fraud, it`s criminal in most states.

Don't listen to any of these folks.

What Wizard is going to do is for the next few months, they will send credit card offers through other companies just to ensure your address is up-to-date.

Then, in a few months, they'll start sending out the twice-the-size, greater industry information version.

Hang in there. It's on the way!

:baiting:

Really.. jerk

(shrug)