• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man Enthusiasts Thread!

117 posts in this topic

Got this back from CGC yesterday. I bought it in the early 90's from my LCS and was happy with the grade.

Very nice! :applause:

Thanks! I subbed 3 books on my latest coupon and for the first time was thrilled with all grades and got no ugly surprises (PLODs or grades lower than I thought/hoped).

Yeah, I am very curious to see what that book will do. I am thinking maybe $12-15K but I guess we will see. I can easily rationalize it going for $20K or under $10K under different scenarios. It'll also be interesting to see how the price for this book affects the 9.8 market, if it does do a low number.

I believe that may be the copy from Pristine Comics...it was on his site for a while at some insane price. Not sure it's the same copy bit it looks like it.

I thought about checking the serial # to see but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe after lunch or the Texas/OU game goes to half. It is probably the same book as someone (maybe him) has been trying to move one on eBay and/or the Clink exchange for a while. I think he had the 9.9 #2 as well.

I can't find an image of the #1 9.9 that belongs to Pristine, and I never snagged a picture of it from the web because of the overprinted logo. I would be willing to bet that it is probably his, as the likelihood of another 9.9 #1 being shopped right now has to be pretty low.

Time to :bump: this thread off the 3rd page with a couple of wins from the October Clink auction. The #11 is a slight upgrade from a 9.0-9.2 raw copy, and I've never owned a #4 before. That book has always been tough for me to find in a grade I liked for a price I liked. I'm glad to mark it off the list.

RAD32EE620111011_162846.jpg

RAD424F32011928_16405.jpg