• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man Enthusiasts Thread!

117 posts in this topic

All it takes is to add a letter at the end of the URL, to have the desired image size, see example, here I just added an "h" – you gotta love Imgur. :)

http://i.imgur.com/YKxYNqph.jpg

YKxYNqph.jpg

Thanks Man!

-Christian

This weekend, I cracked and submitted my TOS39 (1.5) for Stan Lee to sign… It was scary stuff, hopefully it stays as a 1.5, but even if it drops to a 1.0, I think it'll mean more to me now :)

Couple cool ones to add to this thread…

KGrHqNlcFJyGK7sSBSJLnNubQ60_57_zpsab8b2013.jpg

Signed by Jeff Bridges.

TOS48_zps163e9f3d.jpg

Signed by Larry Lieber, Ayers, and Stan Lee.

IronMan170_zpsa455a395.jpg

Signed by Don Cheadle & Shane Black.

WarMachineHopgood_zps262ce2df.jpg

Sketch cover recreation from the original cover artist and War Machine creator, Kev Hopgood.

These are some of my favourites in my collection.

Aren’t the signatures a bit invasive on that one?

They might have arranged them in a tidier way… although I’m no big fan of signatures on cover anyway. Despite the awesomeness of these (Larry Lieber… :cloud9: ) I look at the book and it looks pretty ruined to me with three signatures all across the cover… (shrug)

Aren’t the signatures a bit invasive on that one?

They might have arranged them in a tidier way… although I’m no big fan of signatures on cover anyway. Despite the awesomeness of these (Larry Lieber… :cloud9: ) I look at the book and it looks pretty ruined to me with three signatures all across the cover… (shrug)

If Lloyd likes them, that's good enough for me. :)

Of course, I was speaking for myself, but objectively they could have found better spots for the signatures… although I see it’s very crowded.

And Stan Lee… he must have hated Mr. Doll… lol

I’d love to have a book signed by Larry Lieber some day… :)

I actually like the placements :) none signed over anybody's heads, so that's good enough for me lol

It's not a 9.6/9.8, and there are a lot of 7.5's around, but none signed by these three, and won't be anymore signed by Ayers, so I love it.

To each his own I guess :D

Time to bump this thread. I've been after this book for a long time, and to be able to pick up the Twin Cities copy for a good price was too much to pass up.

IM02CGC.jpg

Nice! If you decide to sell let me know!

Time to bump this thread. I've been after this book for a long time, and to be able to pick up the Twin Cities copy for a good price was too much to pass up.

IM02CGC.jpg

Nice! If you decide to sell let me know!

I love the story in #2… :cloud9:

I have the copy coming from Roger Stern collection (with certificate) – keeping it for now… :)

IRON20MAN206_zps395n5we5.jpg

IRON20MAN202_zpsfhbgmezt.jpg

ironman2_zps15625e43.jpg

ironman_zpsaeb26444.jpg

IronMan_zps2991f819.jpg

the number 1 I've had every since the early 70's bought it at the local flea market for ten dollars, sent it off as one of my four freebies when I joined and it came back as a purple. I called CGC and talked to someone don't remember who but told them no way has anybody messed with that but he told me probably the kid who had it marked on it doh!lol

IRON20MAN206_zps395n5we5.jpg

IRON20MAN202_zpsfhbgmezt.jpg

ironman2_zps15625e43.jpg

ironman_zpsaeb26444.jpg

IronMan_zps2991f819.jpg

the number 1 I've had every since the early 70's bought it at the local flea market for ten dollars, sent it off as one of my four freebies when I joined and it came back as a purple. I called CGC and talked to someone don't remember who but told them no way has anybody messed with that but he told me probably the kid who had it marked on it doh!lol

:applause: Great books!

Bummer about the PLOD, but we've all either been there or will be sooner or later. My first PLOD was an ASM #2 that I'd owned for 20 years, so I feel your pain.