• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gerry Ross - One Million Comics
1 1

182 posts in this topic

I bought from Robert C. back in the early 80s. I planned out a purchasing scheme for each month of an entire year (I had a fixed monthly income while I was in college and planned to spend a small portion of it on comics each month). I made my first order and then pitched his catelog after seeing what I got. The really funny thing is I did the same thing with Mile High Comics.
Being treated with such remorseless disregard is very infuriating and, like you, I've had several such 'one-trial learning' experiences down the years. Bob Storms is a fantastic example of the opposite paradigm, someone who treats the customer with consideration and respect, and who I'm confident and happy going back to, time and time again. :)

next time he calls Bob ask him why he calls himself a doctor when he's a nurse.
I hope he treats his patients better than he does his comicbook customers. :wishluck:
Yes, that's very chilling to think about.

I see him at every local show...have heard mysterious shadowy

things from various dealers... :fear:

Have only ever bought an autographed Captain Canuck 1 from

him for 3$$.Always has low grade Marvel key issues.

I don't like to deal with him.

I see him at every local show...have heard mysterious shadowy things from various dealers... :fear:

I don't like to deal with him.

lol (thumbs u That kind of fear and cautious reserve sounds like a very sensible strategy in this case. I wish I'd had some of it back then. doh!

Also, I remember he used to have John Byrne in his store to sign comics for the cost of $10 per signature....not the real John Byrne (artist) that we all know, of course... :censored:

Wait. Seriously? I'm picturing a random "John Byrne" set up at a table in his shop with a bunch of real John Byrne comics around him, and a line forming for the random guy to put his signature on the comic-guy's books. Is this really what you're saying??

Yep. I've heard this story from numerous local sources...

Guys like him stay in business cause guys like us won't drive him out.

(thumbs u

I think he was. I was selling comics locally the last decade, and his name was nothing more than a modern day Boogie-Man equivalent, and then *poof* he suddenly re-appeared about 3 years ago. I'm guessing a new generation is ready to be duped...

Lots of my younger friends and customers don't know who he is and do shop at his booth at his cons... Buyer beware folks.

[font:Book Antiqua]Look like I miss a couple years of comic book dealer’s history

Is this guy that you are talking about related to the store

1,000,000 comix in Toronto?[/font]

http://onemillioncomix.net/

:popcorn:

Originally a franchise store, the Toronto 1,000,000 Comix has long since severed ties with Gerry Ross and any partners.

Also, I remember he used to have John Byrne in his store to sign comics for the cost of $10 per signature....not the real John Byrne (artist) that we all know, of course... :censored:

Wait. Seriously? I'm picturing a random "John Byrne" set up at a table in his shop with a bunch of real John Byrne comics around him, and a line forming for the random guy to put his signature on the comic-guy's books. Is this really what you're saying??

Looks like the guy is simply incapable of doing anything honest.

Frankly I would question the toronto store's decision. Why would you keep a business name that is associated with such a bad reputation?

Any booth with 1,000,000 comix on it's label is NOT getting my business. And if I was in Toronto/Canada doing a show what would happen if both Gerry and this store setup? 1,000,000 Comix of the US and 1,000,000 Comix - Toronto?

I have seen 1,0000,000 Comix at Wizard Chicago and also at Reed New York. I do not know what other shows he sets up at.

Frankly I would question the toronto store's decision. Why would you keep a business name that is associated with such a bad reputation?

Any booth with 1,000,000 comix on it's label is NOT getting my business. And if I was in Toronto/Canada doing a show what would happen if both Gerry and this store setup? 1,000,000 Comix of the US and 1,000,000 Comix - Toronto?

I have seen 1,0000,000 Comix at Wizard Chicago and also at Reed New York. I do not know what other shows he sets up at.

Does seem to be a bit of poor marketing there lol

Gerry also has a "partner' down here in beautiful sunny Florida. I think he is located in the Boca area. I got a call from him when I was trying to blow out some newer stuff that was in a collection I bought through craigslist and he started asking about other books I might have. After he told me who he was and associated with, I asked him politely to lose my number. :)

Here's my new Iphone/Droid app - ComicDealercode.

Every dealer is assigned a barcode.

You scan the barcorde app for dealer reputation.

When the Avoid like the plague response comes up you move on to the next table.

I would buy that in a second! I think you have a ^^ on your hands!!!

Does seem to be a bit of poor marketing there lol

They should distance themselves from him by renaming the store "1,000,001 comix" :baiting:

I was surprised to see Gerry Ross reappear with a booth at SDCC as recently as July/10 but he did not have a large 1,000,000 Comix sign on top.

Just when I thought I heard anything and everything shocking in our hobby...

doh!

I was surprised to see Gerry Ross reappear with a booth at SDCC as recently as July/10 but he did not have a large 1,000,000 Comix sign on top.

an accident needs to happen to him and robert cresthol. :wishluck: