• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, I just got my heritage catalog in today...

333 posts in this topic

Some very nice books in this auction.

Agreed. Something for everyone. And the prices are already up there on quite a few books.

Am I the only one that noticed the shaken comic syndrome on the Gaines File Copy of Crime Suspenstories 27? It is copy 2/12 and if you look at the previous copies sold, 2/12 sold before in 2003:

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=806&Lot_No=5680

Painful to look at...

It does look like it has been "tossed" around a few times. :P

I have only recently gone back to appreciating the non-superhero covers of Action and Detective and I have to say Action 2 is one of my all time favorite covers. Leo O'Mealia is very under appreciated IMO. This copy could have been had for $16,000 in 2008 and it is quite acceptable.

ActionComics2_Rockford.jpg

While I don't own a copy (yet), it is now a grail book for me. Don't give up Paratrooper!

I sold this copy on Clink in 2009 for almost 19K I believe...bought it from swapto in 2008, so someone on the boards did buy it when it was a bargain (thumbs u

Very cool. Unfortunately, I am far from being able to buy this book. I do love it though. If only it wasn't the 2nd appearance of Superman... I might actually be able to afford it. :cry:

Some very nice books in this auction.

Agreed. Something for everyone. And the prices are already up there on quite a few books.

Am I the only one that noticed the shaken comic syndrome on the Gaines File Copy of Crime Suspenstories 27? It is copy 2/12 and if you look at the previous copies sold, 2/12 sold before in 2003:

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=806&Lot_No=5680

Painful to look at...

It does look like it has been "tossed" around a few times. :P

Yeah, I know. I've never seen CGC let something like that go through in a 9.2 and that earlier auction photo looks pretty clean. Makes me worry a little about shipping high grade books in old label cases. What are you going to do? (shrug)

I received a catalog for the last auction, and I did not have pay for it. I haven't received one for the auction ending next week, is that because it is still being sent to me or do I have to do the $100 annual subscription deal where I get $100 in auction credit? Currently I have purchased well over $1000 in books and I have many times that in outbid items. Thanks for your help.

I haven't gotten my catalog, I had to call for it. I've been bidding and buying for years, always getting the catalog, not now. I know I'm not winning Action 1's and 'Tec 27's, so maybe I'm now 2nd class.

How long had it been since your last purchase from Heritage?

I found that after I stopped buying from Heritage for a period of time (a year or two?), the catalogs stopped. But as soon as I made another purchase, they automatically started coming again.

My guess is that they have a system that generates a list of people to mail their catalogs to, and based on the responses in this thread, that system might not care how much someone has spent with them in the past, but may just look at the length of time since that person's last purchase. That's my guess anyway. 2c

lol I guess that means my copy should be on my door today.

mine usually gets here the day after the auction :/

Yes, my copy usually arrives a day or two just before the start of the auction.

Totally shock that my copy arrived last week a full 2 weeks before the start of the auction. Now I just have to go and look for my package to open it up.

I haven't gotten my catalog, I had to call for it. I've been bidding and buying for years, always getting the catalog, not now. I know I'm not winning Action 1's and 'Tec 27's, so maybe I'm now 2nd class.

I found that after I stopped buying from Heritage for a period of time (a year or two?), the catalogs stopped. But as soon as I made another purchase, they automatically started coming again.

My guess is that they have a system that generates a list of people to mail their catalogs to, and based on the responses in this thread, that system might not care how much someone has spent with them in the past, but may just look at the length of time since that person's last purchase. That's my guess anyway. 2c

Let's see... I won on their last signature auction, where my winning bids were in the low 4 figures. I've won several items on their weekly since then.

Who do I have to :censored: to get a catalog around here?

Let's see... I won on their last signature auction, where my winning bids were in the low 4 figures. I've won several items on their weekly since then.

I think your complaining here in public will get the job done. If you haven't gotten a PM yet I'd be surprised.

I'd probably be buying from their auctions if I were still getting their catalogs, I've got a lot more disposable income than I've had in the past....

do you think I'll get a pm and a catalog too now.

I guess that kills my theory. lol

well, the end of a mini era...for the first time in several years, I just don't have the "time" to do a book by key book price update (I know , already had a bunch of pms asking me to make sure I don't miss this book or that book) but I hate to say I can't help this time... though I will be watching from the sidelines, if I can