• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UPDATED POLL, which is the best SA Marvel superhero title?

The best SA Marvel superhero title  

459 members have voted

1. 1. The best SA Marvel superhero title

69 posts in this topic

Due to me getting the ;poll wrong last time, I've started a new thread with an updated poll. :tonofbricks:

Here is where we get to decide which was THE best Silver Age, superhero Marvel title. This round will bring it to a final with the three highest having a showdown.

I've kept it to the pre 1968 titles and I've included Sgt Fury despite it not really being a superhero title. This poll is intended to measure which title is best liked and not which title is most historically significant. Vote for your three favourites.....

I think this will be a no brainer.

I chose ASM, FF and JIM but I think FF had the best overall storyline/art work combos.

I can see Spidey winning because of popularity though.

I chose ASM, FF and JIM but I think FF had the best overall storyline/art work combos.

Same votes for me and I agree with the rest of your post as well.

I didn't see that 3 could be picked, and by JIm do you mean only JIM or do you mean JIM and Thor?

It's in the title of the poll (grey banner) but maybe Gaz should put it in the first post.

(thumbs u

I didn't see that 3 could be picked, and by JIm do you mean only JIM or do you mean JIM and Thor?

It's in the title of the poll (grey banner) but maybe Gaz should put it in the first post.

(thumbs u

Yeah, I should have stated that in the text. doh! Unfortunately, as it's the first post and it's been replied to, I'm unable to edit it.

As Thor is a continuation of JIM then I'd say that the early days of the title changed book can be taken into consideration but I did state that it would be pre 1968. I can't remember exactly when the title change was from memory.

Is there really any chance that Spiderman is NOT going to win this?

It's more fun this way.

The alternative is having ASM and FF as the choices, and choosing one. :grin:

I agree and I think that maybe the fight for third place might be the most interesting part. Avengers followed by JIM are lookign strong with X Men trailing.

Also interesting to see that Strange Tales is the only title with no votes. It's always been my least favourite and I mainly just like some of the covers.

Voted for FF, ASM and TOS.

I know Spidey will win but FF is the easy winner for me.

Evidence for the defence.

It was the first SA Marvel hero title.

Every new SA Marvel hero was crossed over into FF to promote sales of the character. Hulk in FF12, Antman in FF14, Sgt Fury in FF22, Avengers in FF25, Dr Strange in FF27, Xmen in FF28, DD in FF39.....bla blaa blaaa.

While Spideys villians were cool FF introduced characters that went beyond a superhero's typical antagonist. Silver Surfer, Galactus, Watcher, Inhumans, Black Panter, Submariner.

Spider-man is a great character but the entire SA Marvel Universe depended on FFs success and many of todays most popular characters were created in FFs pages.

After I voted and before I scrolled down to read any post this was my exact thoughts, and same three votes! :headbang: