• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old

61 posts in this topic

Okay, I just don't understand why there are any bids on this book never mind 11 so far. They aren't buying for the grade, or the book. I just don't understand. (shrug)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Avengers-47-CGC-1-0-FR-Universal-/360342472267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e615c64b

The bidders cant see well and they think it says CGC 10

Explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old:

Let's pretend you are Spongebob Squarepants.

spongebob.jpg

And you see an oddity in the market that is usually dominated by high-grade collectors - a low-grade book.

spongebob.jpeg

That's right - total excitement to own a rarity, and your eyes get real big and your desire even higher to show off this find. So you call over your friends to the PC, laughing as you tell them you are going to bid on this fine book, and they encourage you while giggling.

sbw_characters.jpg

But why, you ask. Of course, there is one key reason.

spongebob_coloring.gif

But now that it has been posted in Comics General, folks start to outbid you because - you guessed it - they want FUN too.

SpongeBob-SquarePants29.jpeg

THE END

Explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old (shrug)

Well, when mommies and daddies love each other and want to have a baby.......

as a completionist i would say someone wants a cgc in every grade ? even that sounds silly to me.

gijoed told me his first book he ever bought off of the rack was JLA #21. He's trying to get the book in every possible CGC grade. 0.5 / 1.0 / 1.8 / 2.0 / 2.5 etc.

as a completionist i would say someone wants a cgc in every grade ? even that sounds silly to me.

gijoed told me his first book he ever bought off of the rack was JLA #21. He's trying to get the book in every possible CGC grade. 0.5 / 1.0 / 1.8 / 2.0 / 2.5 etc.

hm That's an interesting undertaking.