• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever bought from "zillaf4"?

17 posts in this topic

I'm not going to because his scans were too small and my request for larger scans was denied. Even in the small scans, I think his grades are a little high. His books are going for crazy money!

Isn't he board-member Zillatoy ? confused-smiley-013.gif

No, it's somebody else. Zillatoy clarified that in a post at one point.

I've bought both slabbed and unslabbed books from Zillaf4 in the past and have been very happy with both his grading and packaging, though obviously your mileage may vary.

Gene

I'm not going to because his scans were too small and my request for larger scans was denied. Even in the small scans, I think his grades are a little high. His books are going for crazy money!
I've bought from him in the past. I don't recall there being any major issues with grading given my expectations.

I feel the same way... if his books are VF+ and not NM-, then I feel I overpaid. His scans are really small too. (Except for the CGC 9.6 label...) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

His books are going for crazy money!

I also noticed that... i gave up up on all his auctions...

No, it's somebody else. Zillatoy clarified that in a post at one point.

I've bought both slabbed and unslabbed books from Zillaf4 in the past and have been very happy with both his grading and packaging, though obviously your mileage may vary.

Gene

oops my bad...so many Zilla's so little time... foreheadslap.gif

Bought a slab from him. Good service, but I wouldn't know anything about his grading.

He's a miserable spank, and you want to stay FAR FAR FAR away from his FF 167 9.6 auction that ends in a couple of hours. grin.gif

Seriously, they're good guys. Never a problem with them. Recommended sellers - they're very old school, and churn a LOT of stuff out. They're also a great source for 30 cent variants, for what its worth.

I have purchased hundreds of books from them in lots and otherwise. Their grading is pretty damn tight. I never had any problems with their grading with the exception of one book that had a detached cover which was not indicated in the description. Otherwise, I have had over a hundred positive transactions with them. thumbsup2.gif

They are also under another eBay ID: langessports. This name sells mostly sports cards, but they have comics occasionally as well.