• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moondog's Classic Covers Sale!

14 posts in this topic

Overstreet has his opinion, but "classic" is in the eye of the beholder. I believe these all qualify, but I'll let you decide for yourself!

First public :takeit: gets it.

Shipping to U.S. only - $9.00. PayPal preferred, but will take check from those I know. No time payments.

All restoration disclosed including pressing when detected. Have fun!

***********************************************************************************

Down with Crime 7 - "I'm gonna sneak in the bedroom window and rob that dame! I'm gonna have a gas mask on AND my sport coat, tie and fedora!" What a weird cover! Solid VG with nice pages. $100.

DownWithCrime7FC.jpg

Captain Video 1 - Overstreet says first TV hero comic. Cool, but check out this photo cover and that unbelievable ray gun! Scarce book for those in the know. Solid VG with supple pages. $300.

CaptVideo1FC.jpg

Master 26 - Unbelievable Raboy war cover. This book hit the streets within 3 months of Pearl Harbor and may be first comic book reference to the attack. Heavy tape on spine. Interior pages supple. The tape makes this classic a bargain. $75.

Master26FC.jpg

Captain Marvel, Jr. 33 - One of the most heroic poses of the Golden Age! Solid G. $35.

CaptMarvelJr33FC.jpg

SOLD! Underworld Crime 7 - Those guys look like they mean business! I wonder what they want that guy tied up in the corner to tell them? Something tells me these goons don't even want to know - they're having too much fun! Another VG with a ding at the top of the spine on the back cover. Tough book to find. $250.

UnderworldCrime7FC.jpg

Terrific 1 - Another circus of crime. Ho-hum. But when it's loaded with Don Rico action, you have a very-tough-to-find classic. Book is complete but brittle. Not sure if you'll ever see this cheaper with a cover. $200

Terrific1FC.jpg

SOLD! Master 9 - Little kids ready to get flattened by steamrollers always make great covers. Just think what would happen if Bulletman is just a second or two late? Yikes! Nice VG copy with a smidgen of tape on the inside staples. The edge of the spine is rough, but the big problem is a long 1" x 6" strip that's ripped off the back cover. The missing piece is with the book though so it can be taped on or professionally restored. This book's front cover really presents well. $100.

Master9FC.jpg

SOLD! Bulletman 3 - Mac Raboy is credited with creating some of the most iconic images of the Golden age. Check out Bulletman and Bulletgirl rocketing out of an explosion! Nice amateur resto job on this book. The interior was water logged at some point, but now the pages are supple - just faded a bit. No odor. The cover was probably married to the interior because there's no sign of water damage. Really presents well. $150.

Bulletman3FC.jpg

Dollman 39 - Let's see...A ghoul-like villain. The back of a purple fedora. A spectre of death. Narcotics. Death drug. Tied up dame. And a little hero riding a demented hound. Wow. VG with white pages. $150.

Dollman39FC.jpg

Down with Crime 7 - "I'm gonna sneak in the bedroom window and rob that dame! I'm gonna have a gas mask on AND my sport coat, tie and fedora!" What a weird cover! Solid VG with nice pages. $100.

DownWithCrime7FC.jpg

It's been done....

DC+Sandman.jpg

Very cool book, though!

DownWithCrime7FC.jpg

It's been done....

DC+Sandman.jpg

Very cool book, though!

I agree. You can't help but think "Sandman" when you see this cover!

I've received two inquiries from Canadian collectors. I'm sorry, but I only ship to the States. If you're interested in any books I have, please have an agent here in the U.S. I can ship to. Thanks.

Gary

I've received two inquiries from Canadian collectors. I'm sorry, but I only ship to the States. If you're interested in any books I have, please have an agent here in the U.S. I can ship to. Thanks.

Gary

Why ?

My employer allows me to ship on his UPS and Fed Ex accounts but not internationally I can't jeopardize this very nice perk. I'm a collector - not a businessman. I have no interest purchasing shipping supplies or standing in line at the post office filling out customs forms.

Gary

Why ?

My employer allows me to ship on his UPS and Fed Ex accounts but not internationally I can't jeopardize this very nice perk. I'm a collector - not a businessman. I have no interest purchasing shipping supplies or standing in line at the post office filling out customs forms.

I used to ship a lot of books to Canada. I try and avoid it now. The International price has gone up and the service at my Post Office has gotten much worse. With cutbacks there are less people working the sales counter. Some days I wait 30 minutes to mail a package that may take two or more weeks to arrive in Canada, providing customs doesn't sit on it for a month or so. I have to deal with irate Canadian buyers who think I am not shipping out their packages and complain about it. I really can't track or insure the items unless the seller wants to pay and arm and a leg. Things used to be easier in the shipping genre. The US post office is not as customer friendly as they used to be. They really want people to ship via the internet to free up the bottleneck at the branch offices. Unfortunately international packages have to be paid for in person and a custom form needs to be filled out. I love Canada and my Canadian collecting buds, the Post Office is just making it harder to do business with them.

Gary

Why ?

I used to ship a lot of books to Canada. I try and avoid it now. The International price has gone up and the service at my Post Office has gotten much worse. With cutbacks there are less people working the sales counter. Some days I wait 30 minutes to mail a package that may take two or more weeks to arrive in Canada, providing customs doesn't sit on it for a month or so. I have to deal with irate Canadian buyers who think I am not shipping out their packages and complain about it. I really can't track or insure the items unless the seller wants to pay and arm and a leg. Things used to be easier in the shipping genre. The US post office is not as customer friendly as they used to be. They really want people to ship via the internet to free up the bottleneck at the branch offices. Unfortunately international packages have to be paid for in person and a custom form needs to be filled out. I love Canada and my Canadian collecting buds, the Post Office is just making it harder to do business with them.

I fully understand the hassle of standing in line at the post office. Just wanted to let you know that you can now print postage for Canada at USPS.COM, attach the custom forms to the package and drop off at a USPS Kiosk. I have shipped 7-10 boxes to Canada via this method and they all arrived safely.

Take Care, Brian