• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cover Swipes

308 posts in this topic

WTF?!? How are those swipes? They appear to just be Christmas themed covers. (shrug)

WTF. You need meds? :P Even if you disagree, that response is a little over the top.

I've always understood a swipe to be a re-working of an older piece of art, keeping the general design, and it didn't have to look exactly the same. The first pair couldn't be more direct, although stylistically different. A X-mas cover, featuring a X-mas tree with decorations on them reflecting the images of the characters. Looks different, but it's definitely a direct rip-off.

The second one both is a direct copy of the concept and the design is very similar.

WTF?!? How are those swipes? They appear to just be Christmas themed covers. (shrug)

WTF. You need meds? :P Even if you disagree, that response is a little over the top.

I've always understood a swipe to be a re-working of an older piece of art, keeping the general design, and it didn't have to look exactly the same. The first pair couldn't be more direct, although stylistically different. A X-mas cover, featuring a X-mas tree with decorations on them reflecting the images of the characters. Looks different, but it's definitely a direct rip-off.

The second one both is a direct copy of the concept and the design is very similar.

:screwy:

Just got the Simpsons #36-39, which feature a great Radioactive Man backup story that pays tribute to Steranko! These issues (back covers are shown here) are really hard to find, but are worth hunting down... I had to search for months on eBay to get em!

radioactiveman.jpg

And, once again, here is a PERFECT example...they are not all swipes....some, if not most, are genuine homages to the artistic heroes of the individual who is doing the work.....

"sock it to me"...

:bump: