• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Uncle Remus and His Tales of Brer Rabbit" appreciation thread!

60 posts in this topic

Nice coincidence- I’ve been working up my old ‘Weird Words’ CBM columns for possible publication and today (re)did one on George Carlson. Though the focus was his Jingle Jangle work, I did point out that he was a superb Uncle Wiggily artist as this box lid testifies…

img706.jpg

Nice coincidence- I’ve been working up my old ‘Weird Words’ CBM columns for possible publication and today (re)did one on George Carlson. Though the focus was his Jingle Jangle work, I did point out that he was a superb Uncle Wiggily artist as this box lid testifies…

img706.jpg

Very nice artwork, and from 1939 no less! (thumbs u

Here's the back cover from WDCS #77.

14816013384_c1f3847fb8.jpg

mm

That's a great ad!! You should post in the house ad thread too.

Thanks!...will do.

mm

Here's a splash page from WDCS #75...I think it might be the first

BRER RABBIT story in the series.

14795420506_d2842495a4.jpg

mm

Nice comic! :applause:

I have obtained Paul Murry OA from the Disney Uncle Remus and the Tales of Brer Rabbit Sunday comic strip from October 21, 1945! :headbang:

It has to arrive from Germany in a few weeks. It is in ~VG condition and measures 23.5" x 15.75"! :cloud9: It is probably the oldest existing copy of the Disney Sunday strip to exist! :acclaim:

I will post it once I have some hi-res scans! (thumbs u

mm

I have obtained Paul Murry OA from the Disney Uncle Remus and the Tales of Brer Rabbit Sunday comic strip from October 21, 1945! :headbang:

It has to arrive from Germany in a few weeks. It is in ~VG condition and measures 23.5" x 15.75"! :cloud9: It is probably the oldest existing copy of the Disney Sunday strip to exist! :acclaim:

That sound like a fantastic find!

mm

I seem to recall that reprinted in the Disney Comics Digests I was buying from the stands in the early seventies. Sure wish I could have got the originals!!

mm

EXCELLANT!...can't wait to see it.

mm

mm

That sound like a fantastic find!

Thanks buddy! (thumbs u It most certainly is! I couldn't be more excited about it! :whee:

It will also come with as much significant history the owner has at his disposal about the OA. I know the story itself was written by Bill Walsh and the inks by D ick Moores! :cloud9:

A truly ultra-rare find of Disney collectible history! :headbang:

mm

EXCELLANT!...can't wait to see it.

mm

To be continued! lol Stay tuned peeps! (thumbs u

Hello All! :)

I have good news and bad news! :cry:

The good news is here is the scan of the 1945 Paul Murry Uncle Remus & the Tales of Brer Rabbit OA I promised: (thumbs u

:mad: So I'm sending it back to the owner this week for a full refund. :facepalm:

I had high hopes for this artwork and to have this happen is very disappointing to say the least. :cry:

So now my back-up venture is to obtain a color version of this same 3 arc story in it's original publishing from an October 1945 newspaper. :headbang: I have 1 lead so far and am just waiting for them to do their search to see if they have the original newspaper copies in house. :wishluck: