• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTF!!!!!!

235 posts in this topic

Top bidder is a crazy mofo when paying high prices for horror books. Too bad the book is most likely overgraded! shocked.gif

If I posted the "NM-" book I just picked up from the seller (Nikkat)...you'd be shocked! 893whatthe.gif

Post a scan, Mike! popcorn.gif

Top bidder is a crazy mofo when paying high prices for horror books. Too bad the book is most likely overgraded! shocked.gif

If I posted the "NM-" book I just picked up from the seller (Nikkat)...you'd be shocked! 893whatthe.gif

NM- books don't have 12-15 color breaking spine stresses, and I'm pretty sure 9" cover creases aren't allowed either! 893frustrated.gif

det410.jpg

I bought another book from his last year that was just as over-graded and he allowed me to return it...at that time, others here mentioned that they were happy with his grading so I thought I'd try again. I'd be curious to see the accurately graded books you guys say you got from him!

NM- books don't have 12-15 color breaking spine stresses, and I'm pretty sure 9" cover creases aren't allowed either! 893frustrated.gif

det410.jpg

I bought another book from his last year that was just as over-graded and he allowed me to return it...at that time, others here mentioned that they were happy with his grading so I thought I'd try again. I'd be curious to see the accurately graded books you guys say you got from him!

But you get a free golden age mylar with a think acid free board....FREE! insane.gif

Ive been foraying into the HOM collecting world as well and that guy is a real pain in the 10_1_9.gif he's creating an artificial value on some of this stuff by scoopin git up for stupid money and then tryin gto sell it for even more stupid money. sumo.gif

Hey drbanner,

893whatthe.gif

Thanks for the scan. Yep way off there on the grading. What would you say it graded at--7.0/6.5? On the two occassions where I disagreed with the grading--at least they weren't color breaking stress marks. I have bought 9.8 in the past and they are pretty darn close to 9.8. I'll be happy to post scan once I get the book--you be the judge.

I just don't see how ANY RAW HOM could go for that much (post 173) unless it was certified. Too much risk for my blood (not that I haven't been foolhardy enough to do it once or twice).

ahhhhhhhh I think it's time to dig out my HOM's and HOS's and look for the hidden gems.......Can you say Cha Ching $$$$$$$$$ acclaim.gif

The only ones I'm nuts for right now is the HOM 175-178,181-184, and 190. HOS 81-89,110... Just so that we are clear on this...thumbsup2.gif (in high CGC grade of course) insane.gifpopcorn.gif

ahhhhhhhh I think it's time to dig out my HOM's and HOS's and look for the hidden gems.......Can you say Cha Ching $$$$$$$$$ acclaim.gif

The only ones I'm nuts for right now is the HOM 175-178,181-184, and 190. HOS 81-89,110... Just so that we are clear on this...thumbsup2.gif (in high CGC grade of course) insane.gifpopcorn.gif

If I did have high grade copies I wouldn't sell.... I was just reacting to the price of that original book posted foreheadslap.gif

I don't even know what issues I have or what grade they are in 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey...you too Rip!!!

personally, and i am not in the high grade league you guys go for, but even in 8.5 or above i am having a REALLY hard time with HOM 175,182,189,191,202 & HOS 81-86, 90 & 94

i would have had 190 on the list but Rip pointed me in the right direction at the right time & I am grateful!!!! I also found a 205 to beat the band FINALLY so that was on my list until recently.

The run isn't as high as you think. I have most of the Adams/Wrightson issues roughly HOS 174-215, 221, 231, 236, 250-256 etc. I'm missing four issues to have those in VF+ or better.

I can't remember off hand what I need of ALL of the issues after 174.

I have most of the HOS run from 81-106. I'm missing three to have all of em in VF+ or better. Issues after 106 I can't remember what I need.

In NM+ or better I only have 4 issues. Good thing is I got them for around guide.

HOS 98 (9.6), 100 (9.6), 101 (9.6) HOM 202 (9.6)

I've tried a few crazy bids for CGC 9.8's but redfishing (or somebody else) puts in the super wammy bid.

Yeah Sterling! do tell!!!!

I'm sending about 200+ books to CGC, HOM/HOS/WH/WMT etc.I probably have 65-70% of the entire HOM series--I let go of my HOM #1 CGC 9.0 last year :-( and I am going to sell all of my HOM GA/SA collection unless it is VF or better. (many of which I've never seen a copy re-surface at any grade). I've read and enjoyed them, now I just want higher grade examples of them...

My inventory system is a wreck (no organization) but I'm pretty confident that I have multiple high grade copies of most of the BA HOM issues. Believe it or not, the I Vampire issues have been somewhat difficult to get in HG as well.

I just bought Unexpected 109 CGC 9.4, HOM 215 9.8 and HOS 111 9.8 today. I'm stoked! acclaim.gif

I've tried a few crazy bids for CGC 9.8's but redfishing (or somebody else) puts in the super wammy bid.

That guy is more nuts than me. And I thought I was already far gone insane.gif

It's nice that others enjoy this too, but c'mon!

I had my CGC inventory online, but I cleaned my laptop up this weekend so I don't have it with me. I'd be happy to post my final CGC grades to see whatcha think once they get back in 2007. 893frustrated.gif

JEEPERS!

hey banner, i got my books today, they are BEAUTIFUL, no 9" creases at all on those NM's 893applaud-thumb.gif

Let's have a peek, and yours too Sterling! confused-smiley-013.gif