• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When did the Marvel heroes become such pansies?

40 posts in this topic

I just read FF 587 and 588 and I was surprised to see in 588 the various Marvel heroes doing nothing but sit around like a bunch of emo teenagers bemoaning the fact that their Twilight blu-ray disk isn't working. It seems to me that back in the silver age, and through the bronze age, the various Avengers and remaining FF members would go into the negative zone, kick some Annihilus butt, and RESCUE Johnny Storm, who we know is not really dead.

But no. Instead, we get a big weep-fest while the most powerful beings on earth sit around listening to The Smiths and smoking clove cigarettes.

Consider this: if Johnny Storm was a US Marine, we'd see a body or a rescue. It's hard to believe that the Marines are tougher than the Avengers.

I just read FF 587 and 588 and I was surprised to see in 588 the various Marvel heroes doing nothing but sit around like a bunch of emo teenagers bemoaning the fact that their Twilight blu-ray disk isn't working. It seems to me that back in the silver age, and through the bronze age, the various Avengers and remaining FF members would go into the negative zone, kick some Annihilus butt, and RESCUE Johnny Storm, who we know is not really dead.

But no. Instead, we get a big weep-fest while the most powerful beings on earth sit around listening to The Smiths and smoking clove cigarettes.

Consider this: if Johnny Storm was a US Marine, we'd see a body or a rescue. It's hard to believe that the Marines are tougher than the Avengers.

It's the pussyfication of America... it began Jan 20th 2009

2uhoduu.jpg

The pussyfication of America began long before that date. I'm betting somewhere in the mid 1970s is when the downward slide began.

But on-topic, the bronze age FF and/or bronze age Avengers wouldn't sit around and mope like they did in FF 588. It was truly pathetic.

2uhoduu.jpg

If only everyone could be the hero that the guy before was....

OMG did you get your sig line when I posted that once here or do you have your own stack of spire comics around.

I was going to send my original book with "The great Snatch" in it to Jimmers but the house burnt down before I mailed it out.. :(

2uhoduu.jpg

The pussyfication of America began long before that date. I'm betting somewhere in the mid 1970s is when the downward slide began.

But on-topic, the bronze age FF and/or bronze age Avengers wouldn't sit around and mope like they did in FF 588. It was truly pathetic.

Check the date... :shy:

When this ultimate emo cover was published, we hit rock bottom. The Kingpin will make his future billions by being a Prozac tycoon.

128082-6209-109984-1-daredevil_super.jpg

2uhoduu.jpg

Check the date... :shy:

I caught it immediately and I would have commented, but I didn't want a strike. Perhaps we can meet up at A-1 one of these days and I'll comment in person...

When this ultimate emo cover was published, we hit rock bottom. The Kingpin will make his future billions by being a Prozac tycoon.

128082-6209-109984-1-daredevil_super.jpg

I don't get why this one is so emo? (shrug)